cs4pi

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was there a link to this cheap thing?

davest

Silver Member
Nov 5, 2007
somewhere between here and there, south of over th
Detector(s) used
titan 3000xd/seahunter mk ll/Ace 250/whites 6000XL Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if you're gonna ship it from England, and let it sit in customs for a while, I suppose it's worth the wait. What's the current exchange usd to pounds?

I'm oft reminded of the words:

You can have it cheap/good or fast, but if you want cheap and good, ain't gonna happen, if you want fast and good, it ain't gonna be cheap, if you want something fast and cheap, it's not going to be good.

Save your pennies, buy a machine made here in the good old U.S. of A. Keep your fellow American working.

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Of course its light and deep, its a PI.

You'll dig every piece of trash out there unless you've got a virgin beach somewhere, and I don't think there's too many of those left.

While your detector is sitting in customs you could buy a new/used unit right here in America that'll do the same thing and for the same or lesser price.

If I lived in the UK, I'd look into it, but I don't see anything in that unit you can't get here.

OP
OP
J

johnnyboy25

Aug 27, 2006
pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
01/04/20 NOKTA IMPACT
bought this used (like new) at treasure depot for $298. as far as i'm concerned it was a steal. (it's half the weight of most other p.i.'s)

Bobbie

Nov 7, 2005
Connecticut and SW Florida
Detector(s) used
2 Minelab Excal 1000, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
New it cost $478 to get it shipped here, then add on the custom charges. It may be really good, but it is still a PI and dig everything at the beach.

Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Florida- Somewhere in the middle
Detector(s) used
MXT 300/Excal II/Surf Dual Field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Smudge said:
Of course its light and deep, its a PI.

You'll dig every piece of trash out there unless you've got a virgin beach somewhere, and I don't think there's too many of those left.

While your detector is sitting in customs you could buy a new/used unit right here in America that'll do the same thing and for the same or lesser price.

If I lived in the UK, I'd look into it, but I don't see anything in that unit you can't get here.
Cmon now smudge...... All of you were crying that when I bought my Whites, and yes, I have dug a fair share of crap, but dont dig bobby pins or nails anymore, getting to know the tone of Bottle caps, and I have found 2 gold rings (one very expensive) in the last Month with my PI?? While my POS (as far as reliability) Excal sits for the 2nd month waiting to be repaired...
I cant wait to have it back (hopefully I wont have the same story as MT pockets), but the Excal is overrated and the PI's are underrated...
I dont know if I would have found either of those gold rings with my Excal (and stock coil)... Both were 16+ inches down..

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
johnnyboy25 said:
if you want a beach machine for wet and dry sand (no surf) get yourself one of these. light,well made and deeeep! half the cost of most other pi units.

No offence Johnnyboy......Sorry I read half the cost of other PI units as being cheap. It is a C-Scope "wanna be" to cash in on Fisher's old name. I have nothing against PI's only cheap detectors parading around as quality machines which this one isn't. But you get what you pay for. The cost of this one half the price of most other PI's is because the more expensive ones are rated to over 100 feet. :coffee2:

davest

Silver Member
Nov 5, 2007
somewhere between here and there, south of over th
Detector(s) used
titan 3000xd/seahunter mk ll/Ace 250/whites 6000XL Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
this is the great thing about our hobby. You can use whatever machine you want to. No one is forcing you to buy or use something you don't.

If you're happy detecting the Schuylkill River or the Deleware Gap Watershed with that, God bless ya.

A lot of the guys on here get to detect 12 months out of the year, aside from the recent problems with the Excals, they've been tearing it up.

I use a Garret Seahunter PI and sometimes I wish I wasn't. Trust me, it's taken two years almost to get to like it. Also, believe I've dug more junk at 16 inches than I ever thought I would. I've gotten some good gold too, but it's far in between.

Goodluck. with the English machine, may you find enough to pay it off.

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Silver Surfer said:
Cmon now smudge...... All of you were crying that when I bought my Whites, and yes, I have dug a fair share of crap, but dont dig bobby pins or nails anymore, getting to know the tone of Bottle caps, and I have found 2 gold rings (one very expensive) in the last Month with my PI?? While my POS (as far as reliability) Excal sits for the 2nd month waiting to be repaired...
I cant wait to have it back (hopefully I wont have the same story as MT pockets), but the Excal is overrated and the PI's are underrated...
I dont know if I would have found either of those gold rings with my Excal (and stock coil)... Both were 16+ inches down..

Sorry if I'm sounding fussy. Didn't mean to. Some folks seem to get all excited about the depth of PI's without understanding the consequences of having a lack of discrimination. I always try to tell folks that the PI has got a really big learning curve to understand targets, but I didn't emphasize that enough I guess.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If your a young guy with the strength to dig deep holes all day the PI is your machine, no matter what brand. I used to use them, but now I am almost at the point where I feel I would have fun crawling on the sand dragging a fishing magnet to find those Canadian coins.

Attachments

• Fishing Magnet.jpg
    Fishing Magnet.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 643
D

digum smacks

is it me folks but every pi ive ever used was simple to learn unlike the excalibur.the infinium, i knew what was gold before i dug it about 95% of the time the excalibur is about around60% of the time.its fun saying i got 1 even before you dig it.many people like surprises. i dont thats why i kind of dislike the excalibur for that reason.mabie other folks are different with their excals and can tell gold better than my 60% on my machine.mabie i cant tell tones apart worth squat or mabie minelab needs to make them a bit better

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions