• COOSA RVR EXPO 031.jpg
    COOSA RVR EXPO 031.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 842
Upvote 0
P

Pentico

Lot ofland to cover.
You might want LeeAnn and I to come out and help you out with that. lol
Good luck on that huge hunting ground.......
Chris & LeeAnn

olegoat

Oct 18, 2007
southeast tn
Detector(s) used
fisher 1220x,gc-1023,tesoro tejon , fisher f-2, compass yukon 77b, tesoro bandito 11 umax
hey i'm closer than colorado, and am available---lol
would love to help hunt that place.
good work on the research, i am doing that on my location, i have some or's that cover your area, since they cover south tn, alabama, parts of ga, and virginia, do you know which vols you need to read, i may have it and could help you with some reading....

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All I want to hunt is 2 acres ( around the house ). You can hunt the other 998.
Really, good luck the place looks great. Ron

lockman209

Jun 4, 2005
Chippewa Falls
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle SL II, Whites PRL-1, (3) Whites DFX's, Whites Coinmaster 4G, Whites Silver Eagle, 2010 Whites Coinmaster, Fisher 1212-X, Fisher 1225-X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
looks like a fun place to hunt

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Funny how everyone wants to hunt it with you, but you've never said whether you even had permission or not...

Crusader's comment above is COMPLETELY appropriate.

So...have you gotten permission?  Did you hunt it?  What are the finds?  Was the camp squarely on this farm, or was it on parts of another farm or two as well?  Why is this in today's finds?  Did you drive down the road and see it?  Did research lead you to it?  Is that your photo, or a photo from another website  :P  ?  ?  ?  I have many photos of old houses I could say just about anything about in a post like this.  Are you trying to "bait" us?

-Buckleboy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
By the way, the OR's are PUBLIC documents, and you can get a SEARCHABLE database of ALL of the volumes online, FREE. (Oops! I think I just gave up a big "secret of the trade"!) Oh, and by the way...when I find campsites, picket posts, or CW spots, there is no way in HELL that you could convince me to post a photo of ANYTHING identifiable about a newly-found "honey" of a site. It may seem like a lot of land now--and enough to hunt for the rest of your life--but once you let the cat out of the bag, you won't have to worry about that!

I had a friend who posted a photo of his CW site in another forum and pretty soon other detectorists started bothering the property owner wanting permission (Because of his GREAT finds there, they persisted until they figured out where the site was from the photos). Well...they sure ruined it for him! The site (in Virginia) now sits with most of its treasures underground. They all lost permission as a result--including him.

-Buckleboy

OP
OP
mlhudson

mlhudson

Mar 19, 2006
GADSDEN, ALA.
Detector(s) used
All White's Detectors MXT and IDX_pro, ANY OLD DETECTOR WILL DO
I HAVE SOLE RIGHTS TO THE LAND BY WRITTEN PREMISSION FROM THE OWNER HIMSELF, FURTHER MORE LIKE I SAID 1000 ACERS, LOTS OF DIFFERENT LOOKING PIECES OF PROPERTY OUT THERE . THE OR' s MERELY TELLS OF DATES BUT NOT EXACT LOCATION OF SAID PROPERTY. IT WAS HUNTED IN 1974 BY THE OWNER. I'VE SEEN HIS RELICS MYESLF FROM THE SITE. I DID NOT SAY THAT THE RELICS CAME FROM THE HOUSE, FOR I CAN NOT HUNT THE HOUSE, \ SUX FOR ME / BUT WITH I'M FINDING I'M HAPPY AND CONTENT.

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for filling us in!  Be careful when you put sites photos on a public forum--regardless of, in your own opinion, how easy or difficult they are to find.

With a little reading about Braxton Bragg's campaigns in the area, I would imagine that I could find the place if I drove around Gadsden, Alabama for a while.  Regardless of how much or little of it is in the OR's.

Just a word of caution.  I'd rather post photos of my great finds WITHOUT revealing my sites, rather than posting photos of my great sites and then being less able to share my finds...but that's just me.

-Buckleboy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bridgeendfarm said:
Anyone that jumps on someones discovery site is sorry just plain sorry. My 2 cents

Them being "sorry" doesn't stop them from doing it. Putting your information online can have its consequences--so protect yourself by playing it smart. :wink:

Green1

Silver Member
Mar 20, 2006
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Mxt 6x10 coil Massachusetts
i gotta agree there... wait till your done... then show..

hard knox still lives......

fishboymike

Jul 21, 2005
Athens, GA
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 pro
Right now 57 members and 112 guests are viewing this board, nuff reason not to show your stuff. These guys are trying to give you good advice. These guys are your friends. Mike

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
Buckles For Jesus said:
bridgeendfarm said:
Anyone that jumps on someones discovery site is sorry just plain sorry. My 2 cents

Them being "sorry" doesn't stop them from doing it. Putting your information online can have its consequences--so protect yourself by playing it smart. :wink:

Yeah I know guess I have too much faith in people. I have to agree for I see/read of quite a few folks on here frequently violating the MD code of ethics. Well maybe I wont be rich or find the mother load from it but I will always hold myself to the standard

Trash Digger

Dec 15, 2006
Eastern North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
olegoat said:
good work on the research, i am doing that on my location, i have some or's that cover your area, since they cover south tn, alabama, parts of ga, and virginia, do you know which vols you need to read, i may have it and could help you with some reading....

OK, I give up. What is an OR?

Mike

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The "O.R.'s" are relic hunters' abbreviation for the Official Records of the Civil War. It is a set of hundreds of volumes of correspondence (more northern than southern) that was compiled and published in the intervening years after the war. Many decent libraries have a copy, but it's much easier to search in digital format.

Regards,

Buckleboy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread