CTH 5 2012 Please post on this thread. October 5th, 6th. & 7th.

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Chisholm Trail Hunt 5
Caldwell, Kansas

Site: Fair Building
Fee: $45 hunters $15 for spouse or children
Dates: October 5[SUP]th[/SUP], 6[SUP]th[/SUP], 7[SUP]th[/SUP]

Schedule -

Friday, Oct 5th:
1:00-5:00. Meet and greet, will have coffee and tea. Anyone wanting to send or bring a door prize please feel free to do so. Prizes are not what this hunt is all about. Sign waiver pick up name tags. Directions to hunt site will be at 4:00.
4:00-6:30. Warm-up hunt before Saturday. You are not to canvas the town to hunt. Please respect and abide by these rules. Cover all holes and throw trash in buckets

Saturday, Oct 6th:
8:30 AM. Set up for CTH picture before hunting.
9:00 AM. Hunt starts, bring your own chairs, and throw trash in buckets. Water will be available for hunters. No alcohol allowed on hunt site.
12:00. Lunch on your own.
6:00 PM. We will have a whole hog cookout by Chef Kurt Hankins. Prizes will be handed out at this time.

Sunday, Oct 7th: For those hardcore hunters you can start at 7:00 am.

If you need additional information contact Stan Burdett: < [email protected] >

The history of the area and hunting site:
Caldwell was founded in 1871 on the Chisholm Trail as an economic adventure of a group of Wichita entrepreneurs. The trail, running from Texas to the Intercontinental Railroad in northern Kansas, guided over a million longhorn steers and their guardian cowboys through Caldwell.
This vintage cow town --- a place of cowboys, saloons, gambling, and violence --- boasted a longer cow town period (1880 - 1885), a higher murder rate, and loss of more law enforcement officers than other more famous cow towns. Being the first town north of Indian Territory, cowboys went wild in this untamed "Border Queen City" after months on the dusty and treacherous trail. Gunfights, showdowns, hangings and general hell raising were commonplace. From these true stories came the romanticized American cowboy and the love of the Wild West.
In 1893, Caldwell was also a starting point for the famous Cherokee Strip Land Run, when Oklahoma Territory was opened for homesteaders to stake land claims.
Caldwell's riotous past is acknowledged with a life-sized silhouette of a trail cattle drive, historical markers everywhere you turn telling the cow town stories.
Our site is part of the older Chisholm Trail where the cowboys camped till the cattle, were pushed on North. We just recently found out that this was one of the many areas where the 1893 future homesteaders camped while waiting for the land run. Over 10,000 people passed this area. Now long gone, just the secrets that are left in the ground remain.
The hunt site is on private property. Please treat it as such. The land owner is very pleased to permit the hunt on his place. We feel sure that members will appreciate this courtesy and conduct themselves accordingly.

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can taste it all ready. Ya Hoo!!

Me too!

CTH5 Attendants - you can sign up here, this will be our brig-a-bract page. I will have a separate post, consolidating names, lodging. prizes and up to date information on the hunt, just like we've done in the past.

Connie_click-me.gif
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/t...2012-information-thread-only.html#post2815278

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll be coming straight up the Chisolm Trail from Texas. See y'all in October!

Baggins

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2007
TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV / Garrett Ace 250/Minelab X-Terra 70
October can't get here soon enough!

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett 2500, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett AT PRO, Garrett ADS Master hunter, Garret Pro Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Looking forward to it.

gregd573

Oct 23, 2005
eldridge, missouri
Like the rest of you all....looking forward to October which will not get here soon enough....can't remember if it was 3 or 13 of us sharing a room at the Caldwell motel.....lol.....happy trails all....see you in October.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'll Be there! TTC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Me too!

CTH5 Attendants - you can sign up here, this will be our brig-a-bract page. I will have a separate post, consolidating names, lodging and up to date information on the hunt, just like we've done in the past.

How do I "sign up here?" TTC

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terry, you're signed up when you said "I'll Be there! TTC".
Laie_29.gif

roswellborn

Jan 9, 2006
Washington state
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
I'm so looking forward to this, you have NO idea! Money is tight right now, but if things go as they should, I ought to be in good shape by then. At least in time to pay the fee (when's the deadline, anyway?) and hopefully to get a reservation. Some of this depends on an outside situation, but even allowing for glitches, I should be in good shape in time for CALDWELL! (good thoughts muchly appreciated!)

It's been too long since the LaLa's have been together.

Nan

p.s.
I don't have internet where I'm staying right now, so getting online is only 4 days a week, or whenever I can get to where I work. I swear the withdrawal pangs are the pits!

(edited to add p.s.)

OP
OP
Burdie

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome TTC If you go to the other CHT 5 thread you can copy and past to fill out the registration. Then mail or e-mail the registration to me with Fee. No rush on that part. May be August some time.

Burdie

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Already copied the page(s). Will send the fees next week. Will also register in a room too. The RV is Such a big elephant on the road. Very erxcited to meet all! TTC

iCandy

Aug 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOO HOO!!! Let's get this PARTY STARTED!!!!! Can't WAITTT!!!!

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
well, of course I'm going to be there. can't wait to see all my friends and maybe, make some new ones.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions