CTH3 Gear & Accessories

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CTH3 Gear & Accessories

As I'm going over my list of things to bring, and thinking about the things I still need to buy....
I'm just wondering, what gear do you all plan on bringing or picking up for the hunt??

As for myself, I've been eying a certain headlamp since the last hunt. One of the guys (I can't remember who) showed his to me, and I've yet to see any other headlamps that are even close to being as bright as this one. While looking at that 3 watt LED headlamp, I also found a 3 watt flashlight by the same company (Rayovac!) Yes, I know I'm a sucker for lights :-\
Anyway, this flashlight was $28.47 in the "new" packaging (same flashlight as their Sportsman Xtreme series, just newer packaging)... but as I was looking around, I found the exact SAME Sportsman Xtreme flashlight (in the older packaging) that has TWO of the same flashlights for $24.25!!! So I'm sold... I'll probably end up ordering all of them to take to the hunt! ;D

***Update: I've received all of my lights... and OH MY SOUL!!!! These things are RIDICULOUSLY BRIGHT!!!!!!! lol I LOVE them!!! ;D The headlight is a little softer whitish-blue of a light than the flashlights, which are more of a bright white. Either way, they are amazing! I can't wait to try them out at CTH3 next week!!!

Rayovac Highbeam Flashlight K2 Luxeon 3 Watt LED Headlight
http://www.amazon.com/Rayovac-Highb...dlight/dp/B000OSHJ98/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

1.jpg

Rayovac BJ3W3W-B Sportsman Xtreme 3-Watt LED Flashlights with Batteries (2-Pack)
http://www.amazon.com/Rayovac-BJ3W3...s-Batteries/dp/B0030H51H2/ref=cm_cr_pr_sims_t

2.jpg

Bran <><

OP
OP
godisnum1

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: CTH3 Gear & Accessories

warsawdaddy said:
I'm bringing a attitude and a apetite!May bring a detector and dog.

:laughing7: :icon_thumright:

RJGMC

Sep 6, 2008
KANSAS CITY METRO
Detector(s) used
SIMPLEX, EQUINOX AND TESORO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

WSD,

The word on the street is that you already have the attitude. What else are you bringing?

Can't wait to meet you, Bran and all the rest of the gang.

Bob

OP
OP
godisnum1

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

RJGMC said:
WSD,

The word on the street is that you already have the attitude. What else are you bringing?

Can't wait to meet you, Bran and all the rest of the gang.

Bob

Yep, can't wait to meet you either my friend... if this hunt is anything like the last, it should be anything short of AMAZING!!!!!! ;D

Bran <><

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I noticed one of the prizes is a headlamp and case. Too many prizes to go back and look to see if it is a 3 watt. I have to use my pickup to haul all the prizes to the fairbuilding. Simply crazy but I love it.

Burdie fastgun-A.gif

Attachments

• fastgun-A.gif
    fastgun-A.gif
    7.3 KB · Views: 224
OP
OP
godisnum1

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Burdie said:
I noticed one of the prizes is a headlamp and case. Too many prizes to go back and look to see if it is a 3 watt. I have to use my pickup to haul all the prizes to the fairbuilding. Simply crazy but I love it.

Burdie

Watch, I'll end up winning it or something after just ordering one. :P lol
Well that's exciting about all the prizes! It's fun seeing who wins what!! There's always SO many smiles.... ;D

Bran <><

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250

You can haul them all to the hunt Burdie but we are gonna haul them all back so you won't have so much work! :wink: I can't wait to see everyone!! I wish we were leaving in the morning!!

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I wish I was at the building waithing on everyone to start pulling in right now! :hello:

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Professional with 6" Coil

Bran~
That K2 Highbeam is the one Mastereagle22 and I were sporting at Burdie's last hunt. I remember him showing it to you. Those are awesome headlights. We have used ours for several years. The only problem I had, was one of the ears that holds the battery compartment shut broke off on mine. When I change the batteries, I have to pull off the electrical tape and replace it. :tongue3:

Looking forward to see you all at the hunt.
Baldingboy

OP
OP
godisnum1

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ahhh... ok. I couldn't remember who it was that was showing off the light, since it was pretty dark out there.
I'm looking forward to the headlamp getting here this week. If it's anything close to the power of the Rayovac 3-watt flashlights, I'll definitely be happy. These things are like miniature car headlights!! If mine breaks, I'll probably just pick up another since they're not too expensive on Amazon. The flashlights are well made though, so I shouldn't have any problems with them.
See ya soon...

Bran <><

bigfootokie

Apr 9, 2010
Central Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030
XP Deus
E-Trac
F-75 SE
X-Terra 705
Cibola
Ace 250

Buffalo Gnats. sorry little *&%$#$%%#. I have fought them for 20 years. Several folks were bitten at CTH2 last year and had bad allergic reactions. There are only a few ways I have found to protect yourself and here is a list.

This not a joke, but a bottle of Imitation Vanilla works well when poured into palm and rubbed over face, neck, hairline, under sleeves and collar. The drawback is you have to reapply about every 30-45 minutes.

Burt's Bee's makes probably the best repellent that lasts the longest. It is all natural and has no man made chemicals. The only drawback is it is vitamin e oil based and is a bit uncomfortable for a while.

Avon makes a Skin So Soft repellent in a cream that works well but has to be reapplied more often than the Burt's Bee's.

I have not tried a formula containing DEET as I am a bit uncomfortable getting the chemicals around my eyes and mouth.

No matter what you use, the little buggers will still buzz your face and pester you, but they won't bite unless they find an area without repellent.
They are also attracted to caps and hats that have been worn enough to have a sweated in band. A new or clean hat makes a big difference.

Hope this helps.
BFO Jim

OP
OP
godisnum1

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

bigfootokie said:
Buffalo Gnats. sorry little *&%$#$%%#. I have fought them for 20 years. Several folks were bitten at CTH2 last year and had bad allergic reactions. There are only a few ways I have found to protect yourself and here is a list.

This not a joke, but a bottle of Imitation Vanilla works well when poured into palm and rubbed over face, neck, hairline, under sleeves and collar. The drawback is you have to reapply about every 30-45 minutes.

Burt's Bee's makes probably the best repellent that lasts the longest. It is all natural and has no man made chemicals. The only drawback is it is vitamin e oil based and is a bit uncomfortable for a while.

Avon makes a Skin So Soft repellent in a cream that works well but has to be reapplied more often than the Burt's Bee's.

I have not tried a formula containing DEET as I am a bit uncomfortable getting the chemicals around my eyes and mouth.

No matter what you use, the little buggers will still buzz your face and pester you, but they won't bite unless they find an area without repellent.
They are also attracted to caps and hats that have been worn enough to have a sweated in band. A new or clean hat makes a big difference.

Hope this helps.
BFO Jim

Hey Jim! Thanks SO much about the head's up and great advice!!! I almost forgot about those little demon bugs! :D
Well I might look for some Burt's Bees stuff for my arms, neck & face... but I will definitely be using Deet spray for everything else!

btw, I see this is your first forum post! So welcome to TreasureNet buddy!!! :thumbsup:

Bran <><

OP
OP
godisnum1

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Mental Granny said:
What is this 1st post thing you had abunch did they wipe ?

Who are you talking to Evy? Are you talking about the Imitation Vanilla Extract that Jim was referring to?

Bran <><

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250

I might have to see how the burt's bees stuff works with Dani since she is so sensitive to chemicals in laundry detergent and such

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread