CTX-3030 7 MONTH REVIEW

materdigger1

Jun 7, 2012
Natchez, Mississippi
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030, Teknetics T2SE , Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202, Garrett Pro Pointer, Predator Raven 25 digging tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow what a machine - prior to the CTX I had never used a minelab machine so the learning curve was substantial. Was pretty frustrating until I ran accross Gonehunting's video on how to program his open combined settings. Gonehunting's program made all the difference in the world for me - patience is the key and lots of it but after much perserverance I have prevailed - the CTX is not in my opinion any deeper than other machines out there but the accuracy and the ability to target and identify multible targets is unreal - the target trace is awsome. The ability to pick out good targets in trash is amazing. I am finding amazing items lately in areas where previously was very frustrating. In the past two weeks I have found 2 morgans (1883S and 1893) a 1900 barber quarter, 1831 large cent, 1900 barber dime, 45 civil war bullets and a cleaning jag used to clean muskets and several other notable relics - all these in an area that has been absolutely pounded by metal detectorist. If you get a CTX or have one coming the first thing I reccomend is to look up Gonehunting's video on the open combined program - you will be glad you did. Minelab ought to be paying Evan for his knowledge of this machine. Let's face it if you medal detect you gonna dig up your fair share of trash but my trash to keeper ratio has greatrly changed for the better.

Last edited:

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good review! Your right, Gone huntings program is not for the faint of heart but it REALLY opens that baby up! I run it all the time on my personal Minelab CTX 3030.

WildDigger

Sep 22, 2012
Winder Ga
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX3030 & At Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great review. So far I love my CTX. And I to use his modes. They helped my find Silver on the first trip I used his program.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread