CTX 3030, AT Pro, Excalibur 2

Qlipphotic

Jan 19, 2014
San Pedro (Los Angeles)
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I'm stuck in a bit of a quandry. I mainly hunt beaches, both dry and wet sand, with an Ace 250. It's my first machine and I'm looking to upgrade. I want something versatile that I can use on wet and dry sand, in fresh and salt water, and be able to do parks as well. I've read A LOT about all three detectors but really can't decide, I know they're all very different machines and have their pros and cons. Would it be better to get the AT Pro since I've already learned the Garrett machines and it's a really good price for such a great detector? Should I go with a CTX 3030 which seems like the best detector in that style on the market right now (although it seems a bit overpriced)? Or should I go with an Exaclibur 2 since I primarily do beaches? It's a stymieing position I find myself in so any thoughts I could on this would be great!

OR if anyone can recommend something that would be good for the hunting I mentioned, that would be awesome as well. Price isn't important, I just want a machine that will do me right.

Also, I'm in southern california so these are the beaches I'd be hunting. I know that all beaches are different and west coast is different from east, etc.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Qlipphotic

Qlipphotic

Jan 19, 2014
San Pedro (Los Angeles)
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I finally got my CTX today!! I'm headed back to the house as we speak to take it on it's maiden voyage. I'll post back here after I've given it a go :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread