robwv

Tenderfoot
Aug 19, 2017
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
minelab CTX 3030 Minelab sovereign xs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok to all you ctx users out there. I've had the ctx for about 2 years now and am very pleased with it and have tried many different programs and different patterns etc. The one thing i'm still trying to wrap my head around is the ferrous-coin separation in combined mode with just one line disc all the way around. Here's my question... the ferrous-coin seems to want to through every signal to the 12 line. When I first started using it I would dig all those signals so I have a nice collection of square nails lol. Through trial and error I started using a second pattern with the quick switch button and had it set up open screen 50 tone conductive high trash separation so now when I get those iffy signals in F-C i'll switch over to the 2nd pattern and it straight away shows iron 25-48 to 35-48 and i've dug those signals a lot to prove it and every one of those signals have been round iron and square nails. I have yet to find a deep coin with these signals but I know it can happen, i've seen plenty videos of it happening. This seems to me to work pretty good. I honestly have went back to sites with the CTX that have been pounded to death and found deep coins that have been missed, it's just a wonderful machine if anyone has ever wondered. Does it take some getting used to? a big learning curve? absolutely lol. So to all the people out there that have more time than me with it did what i explain about the way i'm using the CTX sound pretty accurate? Thanks!

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was there a question somewhere in there? :icon_scratch:

OP
OP
R

robwv

Tenderfoot
Aug 19, 2017
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was there a question somewhere in there? :icon_scratch:
Sorry lol. I'm asking if that is the way F-C reacts and is the way i'm switching to H-T separation to verify the way to go. I was digging a bunch of iron with F-C separation because it was throwing everything to the 12 line with pretty stable target trace but I think I found a way by using the other separation to verify it's iron and the signal doesn't move hardly at all when I pinpoint as iron usually does. I'm just wondering if some experienced users think what i'm doing seems right.

Dan(NM)

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2014
Central Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Modified Explorer 2
Raptor c-31 digger
31" Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In my ground, ferrous coin, puts everything on the Fe12 line and gives iron a high tone, usually reads around 12-35 to 12-39, never use it for that reason. I like to see the cursor moving around where I'm use to on the Etrac. I primarily use ground coin with combined tones with iron tones at 70 just to get the tones where I want them to come in and cursor movement.

OP
OP
R

robwv

Tenderfoot
Aug 19, 2017
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Dan i'll give that a try! Where are you setting the top line of your iron bin and are you running open screen?

Dan(NM)

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2014
Central Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Modified Explorer 2
Raptor c-31 digger
31" Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fe25 and I use an open screen to double check iffy targets, the amount of disc I use depends on the site.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions