CTX 3030 improved seal question

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
Greece, French Riviera, Switzerland, North Italy
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Excalibur IIS, Sea Hunter MK II, Ebinger Seacon, Quest Pro, XP Deus, Deteknix Quest Pro, Makro Pointer, Xpointer diver & Wader
Primary Interest:
Other
Minelab is a metal detecting company....not an ROV company. I've been replacing tmy orings for various equipment such as camera housing , magnetometers, flash lights....

When you look at the size and quality of'the ML orings compared to the one used to seal prpfessional housing box for various applications: you can only smile and be scared to use them underwater.

NC Digger

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2015
Gaston County, NC
Detector(s) used
Safari, Excal2, CTX, Nox 900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe the answer is Yes. I emailed minelab and asked about the battery for the upgraded machine versus the older version, and was told that they are interchangeable. So I would have to think the new o ring is just something that is a little thicker. As fr stated, and I am on the same, I use a thicker o ring but I use something made of neoprene.

There is the email:

Debbie Smikoski <[email protected]>

Jan 24

to me, Info
Thank you for being a Minelab customer. The answer to your question is yes, the new battery and the original are interchangeable.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jan 23, 2016, at 12:45 PM, nc digger wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I have an older model of your ctx 3030. I will be getting my wife one soon, my question is does the battery pack on the new version work with the older version?
>
> Thank You in Advance,
>

Hope this helps!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread