Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just wondering if I am doing something wrong when I what to fine tune my 'wiggle' pin point, with a trigger pin point, to be exact as to where target is. Sometimes, I will hit the target with the CTX and then hit the pin point button and it will do its thing, the other times, it won't, and I try again, it won't, swing again over target and maybe then, just maybe will start to pin point with the button. Seems to me, that when you hit the pin point button, it should pin point. Whatsup with this, Thanks !!

Last edited:

IDXMonster

Mar 16, 2014
New Glarus,WI
Detector(s) used
Current….Deus2, ExplorerSEPro, Explorer2, IDXPro-M
Past….Deus1, CTX3030, Equinox800, eTrac, Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you have it in Pinpoint "Normal" or Pinpoint "Sizing"? If you have ANYTHING else around your target that is metallic there may be problems,it is essentially in All Metal when in Pinpoint of any kind. Also,if the target is alone,or at least you think it is,make sure to move the coil OFF the target before engaging Pinpoint mode....
Usually,because pinpointing CAN be a bear,I'll normally just wiggle back off the target in whatever mode I'm using to detect. When the signal JUST goes away the target is right in front of the coil.
Hope you're having fun with the CTX!

OP
OP
RVRoamer73

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you have it in Pinpoint "Normal" or Pinpoint "Sizing"? If you have ANYTHING else around your target that is metallic there may be problems,it is essentially in All Metal when in Pinpoint of any kind. Also,if the target is alone,or at least you think it is,make sure to move the coil OFF the target before engaging Pinpoint mode....
Usually,because pinpointing CAN be a bear,I'll normally just wiggle back off the target in whatever mode I'm using to detect. When the signal JUST goes away the target is right in front of the coil.
Hope you're having fun with the CTX!

I am really enjoying the CTX. It is a lot of machine. I have just started to use the xchange2 program, lots to learn for sure on that. Yes of course, I do use the 'wiggle' for pin-pointing a target, but there are circumstances that I like to use the pin-point button. I suppose in time, I will figure out why at times my pin-point button doesn't work as should, but it will come with time.

Thanks for reply and help,
Dennis

adamBomb

May 30, 2014
Wilmington NC
Detector(s) used
Nox 700;
Past: Nox 600; CTX; CZ21; Excal II; White's DF;
920i Stealth Scoop
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Go to sizing. Sizing is what we think of when we say pinpoint. Normal actually decreases in sound the more the pass over the target.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you have pinpoint lock on?

OP
OP
RVRoamer73

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have to take a look to see T_H. Not sure, just now reading these replies and have been busy and not
got back to read these. At the moment, I don't think I could point......Thanks, will look see....

gordonquixote

Apr 8, 2012
N FL
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Push the button when your coil is away from the target then scan over it.

Megalomando

Greenie
Nov 25, 2016
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been wondering how to properly use the pinpointing technique with my CTX 3030 and I'm doing it wrong. I thought when pinpointing, when I hear the loudest tone and the red ball was showing, the coin would be located right in the center, under the coil hinge. When I dig, that's not the case, I must be missing something or not doing enough steps. I could use some advice.

Thanks!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread