CTX 3030 vs Mojave vs Compadre

Welgund

Aug 27, 2014
Colorado
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, CTX 3030, CZ-6a, CZ 5, Tesoro Vaquero, Mojave, Fisher F75 Ltd2, MXT Pro, Makro Multi Kruzer, Deeptech VGG
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On another forum some people were asking about the depth of the Mojave compared to the Compadre in heavily mineralized soil. My soil here in southwest colorado is terrible reading 3 to 4 bars on the FE meter on the F75 with alkali patches all over. I have to run the Mojave with the high mineral switch on all the time. I took the CTX and marked 3 wheats in the 6 to 7 in range reading 12 39, 40, 1 buffalo nickel 12-14, at 7in, one 12-46 at 8in which I was sure was a silver dime and one 12-34 at 9in which I thought was a deep indian. Turned out to be a hard times token. Went back to the truck and got the Mojave and Compadre and went to test the targets. The Compadre with the 8in coil hit them all except the dime and token. I had the disc set on the I in iron but when I thumbed the disc up to see where they would go out at they disappeared just past the O in foil. The Mojave hit them all even with full disc except the token. Think it would have been a better match up against the Silver micromax.

Attachments

• 20170220_123140.jpg
    20170220_123140.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 96

KirkS

Jan 10, 2017
St Pete FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro Sand Shark, White's TreasurePro, Tesoro Compadre, Fisher F2 + TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for doing that. So it seems the Mojave goes a little deeper, and is more sensitive then the Compadre. Nice.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread