whites dfx,xlt,idx,prism,tm 808,fisher gold bug,1280x,xp deuse
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
The CTX is a REAL sound machine. With no discrimination except for iron, you're going to be hearing a blast of sounds. You'd need to be patient and dedicated to learning the machine and what the sounds tell you. This can be really frustrating at first, but once you get the hang of it you'd realize just how incredible the machine is.

Make no mistake, this is a serious metal detector, and not something a part timer or casual hunter would really be interested in.

Last edited:

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
I dunno, how much money ya got?

Buying detectors is like buying underwear. Boxers or brief, commando or perhaps a T-Back. Expensive or cheap. Silk or cotton...

Different fits for different people.

Read the zillion threads on the 3030. There is already a ton of information out there to help you make your decision.

I'm satisfied with my purchase for what it's worth. Of course I like my GTI, my Infinium and my Sand Shark as well.

beerguy

Bronze Member
May 6, 2004
Camano Island, WA
Detector(s) used
CTX3030,
Many more on a rotating basis.
Park Ranger and Pack Mule pouches by Freeloader!
Scotter, I just bought a CTX3030. To help pay for it, I sold my XLT, an MXT Pro, a Minelab 305, a Profind pinpointer and a Tesoro. Still over $1K to go to pay for it. But, I am so happy with the machine. Very stable, amazingly accurate, and I can water hunt now.
For me, life is too short not to have the best detector. To each his own, I am sure that many people would not have given up what I did for that machine.

mrwilburino

May 7, 2010
Northern Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Teknetics, Minelab, XP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The CTX is a REAL sound machine. With no discrimination except for iron, you're going to be hearing a blast of sounds. You'd need to be patient and dedicated to learning the machine and what the sounds tell you. This can be really frustrating at first, but once you get the hang of it you'd realize just how incredible the machine is.

Make no mistake, this is a serious metal detector, and not something a part timer or casual hunter would really be interested in.

Deepseeker, I'm guessing that you're referring to running the machine in 35FE or 50CO tones. A lot of CTX owners run it in combined mode. 5-tones, put them where you want them. Easier on the brain and the ears.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread