CTX does it again...

Loco Raindrops

Jul 26, 2020
SW Pa
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 with optional 6" coil, Whites MX Sport w/Garrett Z Link, Killer B's Stinger headphones, Predator Tools 85BC, Whites TRX pinpointer, Anaconda NX5 digger, Whites Digmaster hand digger,
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hit the oldest city park in my area today with the CTX.
1hr in and boom.

Old gold with rubies.

Gotta clean the crud from behind the smaller stones...

20201012_132012.jpg
20201012_201203.jpg 20201012_201207.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 36

Erik in NJ

Silver Member
Oct 4, 2010
The Garden State
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro & CTX-3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Loco,

Do you still have the stone that broke? There is a world-class jeweler in my area who is so high-end they have security guards in their store. I'll PM you his contact info. You may want to have the stone evaluated by a top-notch jeweler. Did your guy give you an estimated age on the ring? Beautiful find!

So, had a retired jeweler look at the ring. The 2nd small stone has a chip in it and it is loose.

Here is where it gets good. The center stone may very well be a burmese ruby which if it is it's worth a small fortune.

Good quality ones go for $10,000usd a carat and go up from there dependent upon quality.

The small stones are not near the quality of the center/main stone.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Beautiful ring recovery, congrats! :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
Loco Raindrops

Loco Raindrops

Jul 26, 2020
SW Pa
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 with optional 6" coil, Whites MX Sport w/Garrett Z Link, Killer B's Stinger headphones, Predator Tools 85BC, Whites TRX pinpointer, Anaconda NX5 digger, Whites Digmaster hand digger,
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Estimated age is late 1800s early 1900s. The small stone that came out in pieces is trashed. Would need a new stone.

It may be quite costly to get it back up to snuff.

I'm on the fence about what way I want to go with it. I have it so time isn't so much an issue as to what I end up doing.

Most likely I will get it repaired.

Just not in the spot to commit the kinda cash it would take atm.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread