pwcguy

May 20, 2010
Va
Detector(s) used
E-Trac (retired)
CTX3030, Double Eagle
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been using auto sensitivity with the 3030 and was doing ok. But I was having a hard time picking up the deeper signals. :icon_scratch: So I turned off the auto and turned up the sensitivity till I got a little chatter and then turned it down a notch. The machine was recommending 18 but I was able to turn it up to 28. Now I'm getting the deep signals again. I dug 24 civil war bullets today, 10 of them at 12 plus inches.:headbang: I'm surprised that the auto sensitivity is so conservative. Anyone else notice the same thing?

GreenMeanie

Jun 3, 2006
TreasureTerrain.com
Detector(s) used
NOX 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine recommends 14 at a local beach so I pump it up to 20 or 24 and it runs fine.
Just have to remember that the target ID might not be as good running it so high from recommended sens setting.

OP
OP
pwcguy

pwcguy

May 20, 2010
Va
Detector(s) used
E-Trac (retired)
CTX3030, Double Eagle
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you use auto +3 or just plain auto?

I tried it both ways. It just wasn't going as deep as I thought it should. I'm happy with it now that know I can get it to go deep and not drive me nuts with chatter.

When I'm hunting in the woods I don't pay to much attention to target id. If it beeps I dig it. When I get tired of digging nails I turn on the discrimination. Artillery was used in the area so I try to dig the iron signals too.

Last edited:

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I personally like auto +2 for most cases. Manual works well if you know what your doing. Really easy to crank it to high and get lots of false hits.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread