Older The Better

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2017
south east kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was sent this picture, I said they were cubes I guess that wasn’t good enough, said found in a creek in the middle of nowhere. I said maybe a paver type stone of a planter maybe a block in a kiln but I think they are hoping they are native. To my knowledge na’s didn’t make cubes like that but I thought I’d double check here. What do you guys think? Ever seen native made blocks?
IMG_6494.jpeg

Upvote 4

CreekSide

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2023
Pretty cool looking and they did have a Cubic Nutting Stone but they weren’t made from concrete. If you blow the picture up you can see the material. I actually have one cubic I found it’s my favorite out of all my hard stone artifacts.

OP
OP
Older The Better

Older The Better

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2017
south east kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn’t want to assume the material but I thought they looked like concrete too, I didn’t think that cubes were known among native artifacts, but I’d also never really looked into either. It sounds like it’s not impossible though, creekside has something of the sort. I’d guess just some modern blocks from who knows what

CreekSide

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2023
I didn’t want to assume the material but I thought they looked like concrete too, I didn’t think that cubes were known among native artifacts, but I’d also never really looked into either. It sounds like it’s not impossible though, creekside has something of the sort. I’d guess just some modern blocks from who knows what
I’m going to post mine soon. Maybe you can give some ideas on the use

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread