Cumming, GA / Forsyth County

SharkBait

Jan 26, 2009
Cumming, GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-trac
Hi

I am somewhat of a newbie to metal detecting an was wondering if anyone has had experience metal detecting in Cumming, GA. I have seen some older posts about it being OK to hunt county schools and parks in the area but I would like to know if this is still the case. Thanks in advance for any input or recommendations for the area.

Last edited:

Citiboy289

Aug 9, 2012
North Georgia
Detector(s) used
Various depends on the need at the moment
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Prime areas now to hunt is any of the property that is being demoed for the Hwy 20 expansion east of the city , to the gwinette line , from the bridge to Suwanee road has been cleared and detected already It all has been very productive permission ? I ask the demo guys if they mind as soon as I see the equiptment staged , They will usually say OK before the demo the place Keep an eye out ! There have been some nice scores

OP
OP
SharkBait

SharkBait

Jan 26, 2009
Cumming, GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-trac
Thanks Citiboy. That has not even crossed my mind but I am sure that's been a very good spot. Is it wise to be two steps ahead of the demo guys? Or is there potential at the already graded areas?

Citiboy289

Aug 9, 2012
North Georgia
Detector(s) used
Various depends on the need at the moment
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Few steps ahead is always a good idea ,if you can, Graded sites will work also if you can put up with the demo clutter , While 20 is a hot spot at the moment Keep an eye on the LOCAL Papers about road expansion ect Than scope them out to see if you spot the signs of pending demo,, They will usually remove the windows and roof trushes before actual work begins , As soon as I see that I will ask the demo guys
There is also a lot of action pending for the 20 west of the city towards Canton , That a drive you can almost spot the sites , They will usually have the little flags for underground utilities in the ground as well as stakes for survey work . As I always say 90% of this hobby is research and 10 % is actual swinging of the device------------ Spent a Sunday driving around the back roads You will be surprised what you will see ---------- Good Luck There are still excellent pickings up here IN GENERAL WHERE ABOUTS ARE YOU IN CUMMING ?

OP
OP
SharkBait

SharkBait

Jan 26, 2009
Cumming, GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-trac
I really appreciate all the info. My detector came in the mail yesterday and after swinging it in the backyard and reading some of the manual I can tell the leaning curve is going to be huge but I look forward to getting out. I am trying to read up on what public sites are legal and whats not so I don't get my tail in trouble right out of the gate. I live about half a mile off 400 exit 14.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions