CurlysGold

Sep 23, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Box #2 - Skunk

Sitting on a box of halves, dimes, and have to pickup CWRs and two more boxes of halves this afternoon.

OP
OP
CurlysGold

CurlysGold

Sep 23, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks man. Things will heat up with the holidays they always do. I'm really looking forward to the CWRs. My VM said there are $100 in halves and a ton of quarters.

OP
OP
CurlysGold

CurlysGold

Sep 23, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just got going in the dime box and wouldn't you know... it's a full box of 2012Ps lol.

OP
OP
CurlysGold

CurlysGold

Sep 23, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My Friday order didn't come in. I should have 5 boxes Monday. My VM saved 4 silver quarters for me. I picked up '64, 67,68 at my gf's bank. So it'll be a slow weekend...

lost

Jul 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's dried up here in Northern Virginia. Everybody and their brothers seems to be a silver searcher. Tellers, cashiers, mall sweepers, ect. My biggest County Bank with a dozen branches will not order boxes for any one other than their regular established business customers. My teller told me, you'd better have real good story to get even a couple of rolls.
One of our local CRH'er's says he's has been having a couple of truck drivers pick up boxes for him when they deliver to West Virginia. Same story. One or two 40's per box. I'm now a firm believer the Brinks and other such companies are culling the 90's. Would only make sense. I sure would. Anyway, luck to you.

OP
OP
CurlysGold

CurlysGold

Sep 23, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Damn.. This log is for November. I picked up two boxes yesterday. I was told that the boxes I missed last week due to the storm aren't coming this week. Anyways...

Found 4 NIFC and one '67.

CC-Hunter

Bronze Member
Sep 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the update Curly,

Just finished a storm-delayed box from Brinks last night. Terrible box. No silver, proofs or NIFCs. The last box from the same place produced 4 40s.

Lots of marks on the edges. The box really had the feel of searches coins. The box before, from another bank, was the same.

Got another one coming Friday.

OP
OP
CurlysGold

CurlysGold

Sep 23, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I wish I was sharing about all my great finds. It's been frustrating the past couple months. Long skunk streaks broken up with boxes that give up 1-2 40%. I am getting 2 boxes everyday this week and CWRs Friday. I need to pound the pavement one day this week and try to recruit some more tellers.

OP
OP
CurlysGold

CurlysGold

Sep 23, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Two boxes for today went like this:

Box#1 - (1) NIFC
Box#2 - (1) 90%, (3) 40%, (3) NIFC, 1999 S and 2005 S

Mystery bag later this afternoon. I can't wait!

OP
OP
CurlysGold

CurlysGold

Sep 23, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The bag was a $1000 bag at a new bank. Yielded the following:

2 - 90%
8 - 40%
5 - NIFC

Feels good to have finally come across some decent silver....

bigscores

Aug 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice to see things turning around for you... just remember, this is a hobby that is all about grinding through the bad times to get to the good times... and that just repeats itself over and over. Patience and perseverance pay off more so with CRH'ing than pretty much anything else I can think of off the top of my head.

OP
OP
CurlysGold

CurlysGold

Sep 23, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the kind words. I sold all of my company stock that has slowly been tanking. The check is in the mail. It's going to be more cash for my bankroll. I'm going to transition away from ordering boxes and start hitting the bags primarily.

bigscores

Aug 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the kind words. I sold all of my company stock that has slowly been tanking. The check is in the mail. It's going to be more cash for my bankroll. I'm going to transition away from ordering boxes and start hitting the bags primarily.
I sold stock a few years back to get most of my payroll too... best decision I ever made. My rate of return doing CRHing far, far exceeds the rate of return I was getting on $5k in stock.

OP
OP
CurlysGold

CurlysGold

Sep 23, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've lost a steadily for years. I'm excited that I'll have a direct control and can make it grow if I work hard enough. This hobby is pretty awesome. It definitely like playing the lottery only you never lose. You just turn in your old tickets for more :laughing7:

bigscores

Aug 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've lost a steadily for years. I'm excited that I'll have a direct control and can make it grow if I work hard enough. This hobby is pretty awesome. It definitely like playing the lottery only you never lose. You just turn in your old tickets for more :laughing7:

More or less, that is the nice thing about roll searching, very limited downside. It's that rare "safe" investment vehicle that will return well as long as you put time into it.

I'm quite successful with stocks... the trick is to really throw yourself into research. I inherited $20k back in '08, sat on it, decided to invest, shorted a few things, then went long on a bunch of dividend stocks... now I'm sitting pretty with just over $100k in my account... at those kind of dollar amounts, most of it sits in mid-caps, but I do have a few preferred stocks of larger-caps. I basically have my stocks as my domestic investment, and my 401k as my foreign investment... 90% of my 401k is invested into Abderdeens' global funds. I don't really have the time to research like I used to, so I mostly stick to midcaps with solid P/E and less than 25% of their market value as debt. I've got a nice route to retirement mapped out, I should have at least $2m (In todays' dollars) by time I'm 60.

OP
OP
CurlysGold

CurlysGold

Sep 23, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Color me impressed, lol, you have a solid plan. I have million excuses why I haven't handled things better. In a nutshell I lost everything in my divorce and I'm kind of blowing in the wind with my investments.

This week has been disjointed in terms of picking up my boxes. I only snagged two yesterday...

Box #1 - Skunk Not a single NIFC or whiff of silver
Box #2 - A lone 1967 40%

CWRs this afternoon and hopefully a bag...

bigscores

Aug 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Divorce scares me... to know all of my best laid plans could be wrecked like that...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread