"Custom" Equinox Counter Weight

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
-Minelab Equinox 800 with 11" and 6" coils - Garett ACE 250 - Garett AT Pinpointer-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I was just curious about a counter weight for my Equinox so I "made" one. I'm a mechanic and have lots of tools. I took a 12mm 1/2 inch drive socket from Harbor Freight. Fits nicely in the end of the shaft. Then added a few extensions and secured it with electrical tape. I did have to move the control box forward a little. I did have to drill a new hole to make it work. So far I love the way it feels. It obviously added some weight but my wrist and forearm feel so much better after a hunt. Let me know what you think. Sure beats dropping 200 bucks on a carbon fiber shaft with the counter balance.

20230401_180338.jpg

20230401_180343.jpg

dig deeper now

Jul 10, 2013
fulltiming rv'er anywhere in the 48 states
Detector(s) used
Safari MINELAB, minelab pin pointer,lesche left sided teeth ,Lowe's short shovel,12'' sand scoop 5x9 in. 2900 battery
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I was just curious about a counter weight for my Equinox so I "made" one. I'm a mechanic and have lots of tools. I took a 12mm 1/2 inch drive socket from Harbor Freight. Fits nicely in the end of the shaft. Then added a few extensions and secured it with electrical tape. I did have to move the control box forward a little. I did have to drill a new hole to make it work. So far I love the way it feels. It obviously added some weight but my wrist and forearm feel so much better after a hunt. Let me know what you think. Sure beats dropping 200 bucks on a carbon fiber shaft with the counter balance.

View attachment 2076877

View attachment 2076878
Pretty nifty way to do that , would off set the coil weight. GREAT IDEA!!!!! Hope it would help other detectors of Treasurenet. HH

OP
OP
Centsless Detecting

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
-Minelab Equinox 800 with 11" and 6" coils - Garett ACE 250 - Garett AT Pinpointer-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty nifty way to do that , would off set the coil weight. GREAT IDEA!!!!! Hope it would help other detectors of Treasurenet. HH
Thanks a bunch dig deeper. Why not go the free route am I right?

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That's thinking out of the box, well done.
Minelab should be a tad ashamed of their designs.
One would think that it would be a top priority in ergonomics of the machine by now.

Jun 8, 2022
Cudahy
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600 ,Garrett pinpointer , Ace250 ( collecting dust)
So I was just curious about a counter weight for my Equinox so I "made" one. I'm a mechanic and have lots of tools. I took a 12mm 1/2 inch drive socket from Harbor Freight. Fits nicely in the end of the shaft. Then added a few extensions and secured it with electrical tape. I did have to move the control box forward a little. I did have to drill a new hole to make it work. So far I love the way it feels. It obviously added some weight but my wrist and forearm feel so much better after a hunt. Let me know what you think. Sure beats dropping 200 bucks on a carbon fiber shaft
Very nice! I'll drop mine off later for the counter weight to be put on lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread