Custom GTI 2500 Programs

huntinghunter

Mar 26, 2009
Waynesboro, Pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
I too am interested in knowing how you folks run your GTI 2500, I run mine in all metal mode most of the time, i dont get much depth in discriminate modes.
heres my modes in all metal:
sensitivity - 9
frequency - 2
threshold - 7
volume - 5.5
tone - 3
auto track -medium
search w/ image - on

I leave treasure talk off...it gets annoying especially in trashy areas. I mainly hunt for civil war relics, when I have the kids with me we hit the schools, and an occasional campsite. Any help with settings would be a big help.
Thanks.

gemhunter

Mar 11, 2006
BC Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500 Garrett Infinium LS Whites GMT Ace 250 Ace 100 Sunray Probe Garrett Probe
It depends what you want to do, if I'm in a school yard I notch out 1-2-2.5 the rest are on.
if I hunt for relics, I go with all metal, gold go all metal.

Watch out on sensitivity, I go about 7- 8, the rest set where your comfy, change freq. if you detector gets interference from another detector or something else.

If you loose something, you can notch everything out except the item.
ex. an earring, if you have the other, then scan it & save those scale #'s & notch out the rest.

My final opinion on this is most metal objects are made of different alloy's & some several types of metal. This can read as two or three different reading on your detector, if yo notch out some of these readings, you risk not digging the item! This applies to most metal detector brands.
If you set the GTI on coins mode, you risk losing coins, foreign coins may have differing metals from American coins, USA/Canadian.

Hope this helps you a bit Randy , there are many others in this forum who have many more years experience than I & they may have more to add on this topic.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread