Custom Placer Gold Ring

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The best way to sell your gold is for or as jewlery. a little while ago I sold some of my nice pickers to a buddy/guy who used to work for me. He wanted it to make his wedding band.I'm sure most of the gold I have sold over the years has gone to melt, so it is cool to sell it and see the finished product and for the end user to know where it came from. Recovered In El Dorado County, Turned into a ring in the same county and worn by a fellow just down the road.Small scale mining full circle, Just doing my part:hello:. sorry the pics were from my phone as I ran into him on my way to work and made him pull over cause I hadn't seen him for a while.

Attachments

• jeffs ring.jpg
    jeffs ring.jpg
    377 KB · Views: 219
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the other pic

Attachments

• jeffs ring 2.jpg
    jeffs ring 2.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 141

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice Pville! I've thought about doing the same sort of thing with nuggets, when I have some again....................63bkpkr

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Beautiful, if you don't mind my asking, do you know the approximate cost minus the gold to have it made. I'm going to have either matching sets of earrings and necklaces or rings made for my grandaughters at the end of the season. They love to go out with with mining me me so I want to surprise them with something they will remember from our times together

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Beautiful work indeed, thank you for the link and I apologize to all for the mini thread hijack

OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats not the Jewler it is Jon Bate out of Cameron Park. he does nice work so does Steve.My friend said it was $300.00 to "make" it and it weighs 24 grams.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great looking ring!:headbang:

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
:notworthy: Wonderful ring which will always be treasured greatly due to its origin in your prospecting --WOW! Andi

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Great ring p'ville...in a similar way, this fall I am having a ring cast for my wife from the fine gold (-20 mesh) I've accumulated in the last couple years. It'll have about 1/4 oz of gold in it. She wants it to have a pattern of flowers on it so no pickers on her ring...saving those to put on a ring for me in future years I guess!

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had the exact same thing done with my fines and pickers. Matching rings for me and better half. Used a local goldsmith friend (instead of Zales, etc.). Don't
wear it everyday, but when I do - instant memory of great times!

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Very nice work!!! I had a friend that did glass blowing and had him make up a hollow glass pendent that I put some flakes in as a gift for a now ex girl-friend. Left a fine hole in the top that I used to fill it with distilled water then plugged with an epoxy when I attached the bell cap. Don't miss her but I do miss that pendent at times! ;)

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Full, you teasing us, wheres the pics:dontknow:

Had the exact same thing done with my fines and pickers. Matching rings for me and better half. Used a local goldsmith friend (instead of Zales, etc.). Don't
wear it everyday, but when I do - instant memory of great times!

Sackett

Feb 20, 2011
Greenwood, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 500 (need a new/better one)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great looking ring and like what was said instant memories when looking down at finger!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread