Custom Toneless Excalibur

lost items recovery

Bronze Member
Nov 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
One of my latest projects.
This bad boy is super quiet, no annoying buzzing in your ear, great on batteries, no more nulls to iron, so no aggravating sounds after passing over junk targets as it doesn't sound off on them. No falsing, no digging, just good old fashioned eyeball finds and exercise. Using my excal custom you can really cover some ground which allows a higher success rate of recovering valuables lying on top of the surface. If you aren't that handy at altering your machine I will help you customize your detector. Dump the housing and dump some weight! No need for Scoops with this custom machine. It's gonna be a hot item so get on board...after all it's 2014! ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1418352592.427782.jpg

Upvote 0

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Boy that sure would shake up a few other hunters you go swinging that baby down the beach...even better you have a necklace with about 4 gold rings around your neck..

And if anyone asks you just point to the Gold!!...:laughing7:

Last edited:

sponge

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2012
Florida
With this mod I can listen to floyd and find treasures. This is great. Is there a if you act now deal? Or wait? If so heres my card number.

sent from a sending device.

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Id say after the ML price increase this will be a big seller. No need for headphones..... just a eye exam. Here ya go newbies....a chance to have one of a kind on your beach.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does your detector know that you are posting pics of it naked in the shower ?

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can see that you have finally fixed that weight problem! If you don't have a need for that old straight shaft anymore does it bump up the price a little?

meMiner

Bronze Member
Jul 22, 2014
Port Perry, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800,
Fisher CZ21, F75SE, Gold Bug 2.9 & Minelab GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, the post and replies sure made me laugh. I had to click "like" on them all. Next up, a YouTube video with it that goes viral....

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Water detectors of the future may be that small...using those little button cell batteries like in watches...would be nice if the electronics and the batteries were in a housing no bigger than the Excal battery pod. My CZ21 housing is the size of Fred Flintstones lunch box...don't get me wrong, I love my CZ, oversized or not. :laughing7:

MiamiFox

Aug 2, 2013
Miami Florida
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030. Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, Howie Scoop
Colt Python .357 6"
Winchester 94 30-30
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
LOL Finally a machine that anyone can use

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL Finally a machine that anyone can use
Yeah, I thought "turn on and go" was as easy as it got...but this one is "just go".

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kind of reminds you of that dog leash ..... you know the one with no dog.

fsa46

Jan 10, 2011
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Whites DFPI, 2 @ Excalibur II, 2 @ Sovereign GT w/ 10" & 8" Tornado coils, 2@ 10x12 SEF coils all on their own rods, Whites MXT Pro , 2@ Garrett Pro Pointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No more questions like, " what settings do I use at the beach " .

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I first researched metal detectors for shallow water hunting, I did not consider CZ 21 metal detector suitable for shallow water hunting or diving as I suspected it would have too much drag when submerged. Especially since this large box mounted on a pedestal above the shaft reminded me of conning tower on a streamlined submarine, turned ninety degrees against the forward direction.

Years later, after reading numerous posts on T Net and other Forums, I realized that this assumption was wrong.
This is unfortunate, as I like the design architecture of the CZ21 multi frequency detector, especially liking it's faster sweep speed and greater depth capability with the stock search coil than the more popular stock mine lab Excalibur series.

From numerous reviews and postings it is obvious that both the CZ21s and Excalibur detectors are both highly effective beach detectors. As the above detectors have different design tradeoffs, what is more important is how you interact with the detector, your detecting style,and what you need the detector to do (beach specific).

What you should do is to select the detector which is best for you not the one which is most popular.

Water detectors of the future may be that small...using those little button cell batteries like in watches...would be nice if the electronics and the batteries were in a housing no bigger than the Excal battery pod. My CZ21 housing is the size of Fred Flintstones lunch box...don't get me wrong, I love my CZ, oversized or not. :laughing7:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I want the nulls and the ability to search in reverse discrimination . as far as the noise, you can turn the threshold down to where it has no tone, it still will sound off on targets...

Sent from my QMV7A using Tapatalk

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just get old TH..... you will forget what you just heard (nulls) and with this very special detector you can walk backward and get reverse disc.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread