Customer service at Minelabs repair shop... Hooda thunk?

doitdaily

Nov 13, 2014
Pasadena Ca.
Detector(s) used
Explorer se pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ladies and gentlemen, If you have ever needed to send your Minelab in for repairs then you too have read the horror stories about the customer service, slow turn around time, over inflated prices and to top it off the workmanship being less than adequate. Well my friends I stand before you a new man... a believer that the universe can bend like a ray of light and here's why.
I recently found myself captivated by the thrill of searching out coins and jewelry at my local parks and disc golf course. So much so my first machine was to be a Minelab explorer se pro. A little pricey for someone not so sure about his new hobby or how long the thrill would last, but a great deal on e-bay and few hundred on accessories later and hot dxmn i'm ready to put my harbor freight $40 dollar wonder to rest. My first day out had finally arrived- I got up early on that Saturday morning, battery fully charged, gloves, sunglasses, finds bag, head phones and my digging tool... a 12" survival knife with serrated spine... POOF!!! I'm out the door- I was bursting with anticipation- I even got there before my fellow disc golfers so I could search the tee's first and find all the stuff that falls out of those hip california shorts we wear. "Hell ya!" I thought as I walked into the tree's- "I've read the books, familiarized myself with the machine and now all that's left is to get some field time under my belt." Everything was perfect- the weather, my attitude and the machine. I powered up, scanned about 7 feet and "CHIRPPPP" I new it! my first quarter by the ferr. and cond. on the screen and supported by my smartfind option... I knelt down, set the se pro to the side, whipped out my survival knife with confidence and dug a 26 year old quarter out of the ground. "This is awesome" I thought "wonder what's next" I stood up AND THEN IT HAPPENED!!! I realized I hit the screen with the knife as I unsheathed it... Destroyed, unreadable I was forced to search by sound as if I was using the harbor freight again. SHATTERED I went home and explained my story via e-mail to Minelab's customer service. John quickly responded with a phone call... sympathetically he told me to send the serial # and other info. I did and to my surprise he told me my machine was still under warranty and send it in, no charge. DID YOU HEAR ME? HE'S NOT GOING TO CHARGE ME... So I sent the armrest and the computer in... "How long is this going to take?" I'll tell you! 24 hours after receiving it I got an e-mail that it was fixed and being sent out next day. It took a total of 7 days and It works perfectly. They even put a new foam grip on my armrest at no cost...Thanx for reading and THANK YOU MINELAB!!! :hello2::hello2::hello2::thumbsup:

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great post ��, doitdaily!
I did the same to my Tesoro Cortez. But that's another story...
You sparked my interests w disc golf. In my late 20s and early 30s, I was a force to be reckoned with. Even here in Ohio, many courses exist. One is even world class.
So... upon becoming a metal detectorist , I was extremely familiar with the habits of disc golfers and many local courses. Also, have personally viewed items lost. Especially on long holes, when thrust is utmost. I've found many gold rings within 10yrds of throwing pads. I've not returned to any disc golf ⛳ course since getting my ETrac. I now plan to.
Great to hear of ML's superior service.
GL
Peace ✌

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Good for Minelab! I've called them several times and have always gotten to speak with a tech. They are always happy to help. Great company!

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hopefully I'll never have to, but when calling ML, does one call �� ML's U.S. headquarters or authorized repair centers?
Peace ✌

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
CK
I call Minelab's main number for here in the USA and punch the number 2 option and a tech will answer! They don't act in a hurry and are cool to talk to!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread