Cut bottle glass necklace “pendant”

cajundetector

Mar 4, 2023
made this out of a big shard of broken bottle that I pulled out of a hole while md. I usually cut the necks into rings but decided to try something different. Cut the shard into the size I wanted and sanded enough to where it wouldn’t stab me in the neck lol. Thick old glass. Just thought I’d share. Comments/criticisms/ideas are welcome. I am far from a jewelry maker lol. Thanks for viewing. IMG_0147.jpeg

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
I like the idea. Is that a longer neck section (tube) or a flat piece? I can’t see detail very well. I wonder how a hanging mobile would turn out with bottle pieces? Might catch the sun, especially with a few colored shards.
I think you have a very unique art form. Good luck.🍀

OP
OP
cajundetector

cajundetector

Mar 4, 2023
I like the idea. Is that a longer neck section (tube) or a flat piece? I can’t see detail very well. I wonder how a hanging mobile would turn out with bottle pieces? Might catch the sun, especially with a few colored shards.
I think you have a very unique art form. Good luck.
I think you have a very unique art form. Good luck.🍀
thank you Blackfoot!! That is more of the body of the bottle. Think I’m gonna google some videos on weaving so I can better hang that glass. Thanks for the idea

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
Single strand copper or aluminum wire might be a good way to create an attachment point.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
List on Ebay as - "Holy Glass pendant necklace"
Start them at $75,000 with a Buy It Now of $125,000.

Sit back and crack a beer or have a nice glass.... errr mug... of Rum and enjoy.

And when private msgd by buyers with the question of "what is so holy about this"...

Just reply with... "because... Holy moly you actually are interested."

:)

Last edited:

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
List on Ebay as - "Holy Glass pendant necklace"
Start them at $75,000 with a Buy It Now of $125,000.

Sit back and crack a beer or have a nice glass.... errr mug... or Rum and enjoy.

And when private msgd by buyers with the question of "what is so holy about this"...

Just reply with... "because... Holy moly you actually are interested."

:)
I’ve always said that I have as much power as the pope, I just don’t have as many people who believe it.

Reactions: ARC

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
What grit are you using to take the sharp edge off? I have a large shard that I want to try as a sun catcher and blue piece that I might try as a pendant if they work out. Thanks!

Reactions: ARC

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
What grit are you using to take the sharp edge off? I have a large shard that I want to try as a sun catcher and blue piece that I might try as a pendant if they work out. Thanks!
I’m going to try to preserve the Hazel Atlas maker’s mark on the amber piece. It is very thick glass. I’m guessing bleach or some other cleaner.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions