Cut off from dumping....

Novapax

Jan 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I just got back from my primary account bank. I've used them as a dump bank since they lied to me back at christmas about not having rolls of halves.

Today when dropping off 2 boxes of halves they tell me they are going to start charging 10 cents a roll to take them back. Hummmm. Did the unhappy teller figure out a way to get back at me.

I'm guessing it's just this branch but I will know more Wednesday. I will talk to my other contact at the smaller branch to see what they say. If its true...that will be fine. All my accounts will be closed within the week.

This is they same bank that's been bought out 3 times and is going to be bought out again.

The adventures of CRH continues...

Upvote 0

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Remain calm and just go to another branch and get the low down. Most likely just a lazy teller.

sheepdog_tx

Aug 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd ask for the manager and tell them if this is going to be the policy you will be contacting the corporate office to close your accounts and move your money elsewhere. No days with less in savings than ever banks have no money because fractional reserve banking is based off this. Meaning if you have even $4000 in an accounts you pull out thats a $40,000 loan in theory they now can't make. I promise you they care alot more about that than the whim of some teller making a buck over minimum wage.

sheepdog_tx

Aug 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd ask for the manager and tell them if this is going to be the policy you will be contacting the corporate office to close your accounts and move your money elsewhere. Now days with less in savings than ever banks have no money because fractional reserve banking is based off this. Meaning if you have even $4000 in an accounts you pull out thats a $40,000 loan in theory they now can't make. I promise you they care alot more about that than the whim of some teller making a buck over minimum wage.

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sheepdog_tx said:
I'd ask for the manager and tell them if this is going to be the policy you will be contacting the corporate office to close your accounts and move your money elsewhere. Now days with less in savings than ever banks have no money because fractional reserve banking is based off this. Meaning if you have even $4000 in an accounts you pull out thats a $40,000 loan in theory they now can't make. I promise you they care alot more about that than the whim of some teller making a buck over minimum wage.

Don't try this! If you threaten to close your account most likely reply will be "sure, go ahead" this is what I was told when I made my empty threat. If you make a big fuss at corporate you might bring attention to yourself. Only do this as a last resort. First just try another branch or wait a few weeks and try again.

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So many times did I get mad when a bank would refuse me. And it was for nothing. I would just go to another or sometimes even the same branch a few days later and they were HAPPY to service me. ALWAYS smile and remain calm. If you get denied just politely ask why and explain how you do it with no problems at other branches. Acknowledge how heavy the coins are and that you don't want to be a hassle. Always ask if there is anything you can do to make it easier for them. KILL THEM WITH KINDNESS !!!

D1MES_101

Aug 7, 2012
USA
Primary Interest:
Other
Go to a different branch and dump. Just start out small and work out large. Also be super friendly with tellers. I'm pretty sure almost everyone here got rejected at least once from a dump bank. Worst case scenario, you pay your gas in halves.
GL!

HH
-D1MES

OP
OP
Novapax

Novapax

Jan 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
That's what I'm going to do on Wednesday. I have a branch manager and a vault teller that are super nice to me at the small branch.

We will see then what needs to take place. We are thinking on moving our accts to a CU anyway.

BillyOceansEleven

May 6, 2011
Remain calm and just go to another branch and get the low down. Most likely just a lazy teller.

Agreed. The tellers like to just create policies to avoid work, especially when it comes to dealing with coin. Chances are their branch down the road won't give you any issues.

OP
OP
Novapax

Novapax

Jan 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I know....the cool thing is we were thinking about moving our accounts anyway.

OP
OP
Novapax

Novapax

Jan 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Well. Talked to the smaller branch Wednesday. The manager said that she wasn't aware of any fees for them to take the halves back.

She said the new bank that's buying them out has a fee sheet for coin counting/rolling. She said that doesn't really apply in this case. So, she said to keep bringing them to her. Saved!!!

So keep on hunting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread