Cut the tether

ScrewcapRoy

Jun 14, 2007
Weymouth Mass
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Hello Everyone. My Whites headpones crapped out last sunday on a beach hunt as two wires seperated from the board and need to be soddered back. My local shop said to send them back to Whites which I will do when I have a chance.

In the meantime I was searching the Whites Forum and Robbie and Goat Rancher posted some info on wireless headphones. I researched and yesterday purchased the Radio Shack #33-1253 wireless headphones for my M6. Got the adapter, headphones, transmitter, and 1 year extended contract for $77.00.

I think they upgraded the transmitter as I just plug in the dongle to the adapter and it sits right under my elbow firmly without any additional wiring needed and never bumped it once or did it move. The reception is Good but I did have to get used to the different tones than what I was getting from the Whites headphones. Tested it today at a local tot lot on the way to work and pulled up about $1.60 in clad. It really felt good without the cord but that never really bothered me before. I will continue to use the wireless and have the Whites as a backup. Thanks for the Tips and reading this post.
HH Roy

bowser

Feb 27, 2007
SOUTH WEYMOUTH MA.
Detector(s) used
PRISM11 MXT IDX PRO TESORO COMPARDRE T2 se
Primary Interest:
Other
whites has good customer service, i use a plug, wire and two tunafish cans and duct tape ,works for me ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

OP
OP
S

ScrewcapRoy

Jun 14, 2007
Weymouth Mass
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Hello Jim,
I hear those tuna fish cans are capable of picking up really deeeeep signals. I have used this a couple of times now and it seems to be doing its job. I do get a little cracking but I think that is the minerals in the sand. I get the same results as the traditional headphones but the tones are slightly different probably because these headphones let a little more noise filter through. It forces me to use the monitor more to see what it is the machine is looking at other than just the tones. How has your hunting been lately??

HH Roy

bowser

Feb 27, 2007
SOUTH WEYMOUTH MA.
Detector(s) used
PRISM11 MXT IDX PRO TESORO COMPARDRE T2 se
Primary Interest:
Other
i got out today after two weeks of never finding the time,18 cents in clad and a small blue truck, at least its better than nothing ,three years at this hobby and not a millionaire yet ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread