CW Button, Couple of nickles and old wrist watch

burlington

Apr 9, 2009
Colorado
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Hunted all day and was about to go home empty handed. I was rather disapointed and decided to try a small clearing next to the trail (have walked past this clearing numerous times). The first target was half of a decorative button. After retrieving the half button, I no more than took a single step and found the Buffalo Nickle about 5" deep. Have not identified the date yet.

About ten feet away I get a strong signal and get the nice Eagle Button. There is still a heavy thread wrapped around the shank. The back mark reads "Extra Quality" and has a star stamped between Extra and Quality. I rescan the hole and get a signal that turned out to be the old wristwatch. Not sure why both would be in the same hole, but glad to have found them. There are no markings on the back of the watch or on the face.

Walking back to the truck, I thought I had lost the watch. My hunting partner and I went back to try and locate the watch (it was dark at this time). I made on swipe with the coil and got a soft reading at less than 2". I turned over the plug and got my first Shield Nickle. Cannot identify the date as of yet. Oh, the watch, it was in my other pocket. Will definetly check out that clearing when I have more time. 20 minut

Attachments

• 1 044.JPG
    1 044.JPG
    71 KB · Views: 499
  • 1 045.JPG
    1 045.JPG
    76.8 KB · Views: 504
  • 1 046.JPG
    1 046.JPG
    79.5 KB · Views: 484
  • 1 047.JPG
    1 047.JPG
    43.1 KB · Views: 484
  • 1 048.JPG
    1 048.JPG
    58.2 KB · Views: 478
  • 1 049.JPG
    1 049.JPG
    63.1 KB · Views: 485
Upvote 0

cwdigger

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2007
Greenville,NC
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI, Teknetics T2 Ltd, GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Beautiful Eagle I my freind, that thing has alot of gold gilt left on it, congrats on an excellent save :headbang: :headbang:

Cw

carpetbagger

Sep 4, 2006
Rock Hill S.C
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro / Whites XLT / Garrett Ace 250
Nice diggs Trace. :headbang: You trying to out do me from last weeks hunt? Judging by those finds I would have to say we are about even. Now If I was able to get out yesterday we would have had ourselves a good race, too bad that medication messed with me the way it did :sleepy2: I would have been tearing up that civil war campsite like it was nothing. C ya Saturday.
Jeff K

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look at the Gilt left on that Infantry button !! Outstanding find !! MaineRelic.

Sniffy

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2009
Connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Prizm III Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
VERY nice button. And shield nickel.Still waiting for mine to show up!

OP
OP
B

burlington

Apr 9, 2009
Colorado
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Thanks all. Update on the watch, after more cleaning and closer scrutiny (by my wife), it is costume jewlery. The hands are printed on the face. Still a cool find.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
burlington said:
Thanks all. Update on the watch, after more cleaning and closer scrutiny (by my wife), it is costume jewlery. The hands are printed on the face. Still a cool find.

Printed on the face, or the clean spot that the hands covered before they finally fell off?

dfx willy

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2008
wrist watch??? naw. thats a pocket watch. are you sure its costume! can you open the back that would tell you. willy

hikermike

Dec 16, 2004
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2
Nice finds Trace!! The button looks better than than you said!! :thumbsup: Excellent! The watch looks old to me.....Good job on the shield too. That honey hole has been putting out some really killer finds!! See if you can put mikes droop eagle button and scd bottle on here! Keep up the good work! Let me know what ya find at the new spot tomorrow. Got a little more info from chris on the hunt site saturday :read2: ........it should be a good day!

H.H.
mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread