CW finds...neeed some ID help

gxray

Jan 30, 2009
Saturday a buddy of mine and I hunted a field in eastern NC that seems to be predominately Confederate. I found 7 Gardners and a 69 cal 3 ringer , a fired bullet and an odd bullet that i've seen recently on this forum for Identification ,,,,some kind of slug bullet or something. Can anyone ID it for me? I also found a 3 cent piece that has been cut in half, the back of a button with no backmark, percussion cap , heel plate , porcelin 4 hole button , brass wedding band?,an assortment of harmonica reeds, umbrella thingys, melted lead , etc....and then there is this ornamental brass thing with a woman on it and what appears to be 5 tents in the background. the brass piece has 2 hooks on the back as if it attatches to leather or something. Any idea what this may be?...or who this woman is? I apologize for the blurry photo...my camera batteries just died so i will try to post better pics tonight in the " what is it " forum

My buddy found a 69 cal 3 ringer , a few gardners and a few round balls.

2 weekends ago he found an ordinance corps button (cross cannons w/ flaming bomb) and i found a few non-descript buttons in this field.
Thanx for looking and HH.

Attachments

• DSC00073.JPG
    DSC00073.JPG
    32.5 KB · Views: 349
  • DSC00074.JPG
    DSC00074.JPG
    15 KB · Views: 350
Upvote 0

fortbball9

Bronze Member
Aug 26, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTAx 550
Great finds,The bullet that you are talking about looks to be M&M 66 to me called double barrel rifle or shotgun slug 12 Ga. .675 dia,.595 length and 460 weight.Books somewhere in the price range of $40 to $60 depends on the condition.
Congrats on your finds :thumbsup:

fortbball9

STH69

Bronze Member
Feb 17, 2009
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter, ACE 250 with 9X12 coil
cool finds

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread