CW finds, pocket watch, bullets, buttons, brass, Tsgman

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hunted Sat. and dug a neat little gold plated pocket watch along with a 46 dime, and several bullets, and a silver pendent or necklace? Sun. I hunted with my buddy John and we did ok. I dug a smashed eagle button, a flat button and a spur. Also a brass item that I have yet to identify. We dug several bullets also. enjoy the pics.

Attachments

• 4-3 & 4-4 finds.JPG
    4-3 & 4-4 finds.JPG
    9.2 KB · Views: 405
  • pocket watch side view.JPG
    pocket watch side view.JPG
    7.4 KB · Views: 386
  • unknown relic handle.JPG
    unknown relic handle.JPG
    30.8 KB · Views: 391
  • tIM & jOHNS FINDS 4-4.JPG
    tIM & jOHNS FINDS 4-4.JPG
    9.2 KB · Views: 382
Upvote 0

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what a grand weekend you had, amazing finds. if weekends where 5 days and the rest of the week 2 days you would need a truck to put your relics in.tell me did you do much research before you went out!

tinpan

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tsgman,

Excellent finds, love that watch & rings.

HH ;)
RR

OP
OP
tsgman

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tinpan said:
what a grand weekend you had, amazing finds. if weekends where 5 days and the rest of the week 2 days you would need a truck to put your relics in.tell me did you do much research before you went out!

tinpan
Actually I was just guessing CW stuff would be there. It's not but around 7or 800 yards from a camp John and I found last Nov. But it sit's on a higher elavation. Our thinking was maybe a picket was posted in that spot. They had to post the pickets to protect the main camp from a surprise attack. Thanks, Tim

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Tsgman. I have read about 5 books on how to find CW camps and none have mentioned looking for a picket site. That is a great tip.

Ed

OP
OP
tsgman

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ecdonovan said:
Thanks Tsgman. I have read about 5 books on how to find CW camps and none have mentioned looking for a picket site. That is a great tip.

Ed
Yes, I have read some like that. I can tell you something else a lot of those how to books fail to mention. That is the camps are struck and relocated frequently. Mainly because of the camp filth. Can you imagine 1000, 2000 or even 5000 men in the same camp for a extended amount of time! Most of the time they only moved a short distance, less than a mile. But eventually they would come back and reuse the same ground later on. Tsgman

lou423

Dec 14, 2005
S.W. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Tesoro. Minelab. Fisher.
very nice finds... :)
you must have a secret metal detecting spot... :D

I know how it feels to find civil war bullets., Today I found my first ever, and just could not believe it, I was looking for 1940's coins...

Keep us posted on your finds...

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Nice hunt. I can always count on you to find some civil war stuff. That blade disk is pretty cool looking.

HH Jeremy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread