CW lead, iron and a wee-bit o brass . . .

parsonwalker

Bronze Member
Feb 16, 2013
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Modified GI Mine Detector (In the 60s)
Metrotech (In the 70s)
Tesoro Tejon (Now!)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
CW lead, iron and a wee-bit o' brass . . .

Diggin' buddy couldn't make it this trip, so Mudduck and I went hunting on a "new" property and took the landowner's grandson. I had the Tejon, Mudduck had the Deus, and he loaned his AT Pro to the grandson for the day. The young man had never relic hunted before, so we gave him a lesson in his backyard and then hit the woods. He worked at it but never got the coil over a bullet. They were weak, deep signals, so it's understandable. I gave him my first find (a dropped 3-ringer) about 10 minutes in. Mudduck later got what he was sure was a bullet signal on the Deus, and so he called the grandson over, put him on it to learn the machine, and he dug his first ever CW bullet. He managed to pull some nails and aluminum later. Says he's up for another trip whenever we want - and we'd like to hunt Grandpa's place again, so that's good. Mudduck found 15 bullets. I managed 17 (16 pictured), two decent shell frags, and my second find of the day was a nice cap box finial with leather still attached. I thought this would bode well for the hunt, but 6 hours later, nobody had pulled any more brass. Nice day though!

DSCN2078.JPG

DSCN2079.JPG

Upvote 14

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My kind of hunt! Lead never disappoints. Thanks for sharing

OP
OP
parsonwalker

parsonwalker

Bronze Member
Feb 16, 2013
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Modified GI Mine Detector (In the 60s)
Metrotech (In the 70s)
Tesoro Tejon (Now!)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Looks good PW. The finial is a great piece & it looks like it's made of lead??? . WTG, Q.

That's what I was hoping too, Q. But it's brass. Deep find in swampy area. The oxidation made it look white. But alas . . . brass. But I haven't found a lot of these, so I'm quite happy with it.Next week, I get to spend a few precious days between crops at my short-term union camp. Haven't been there for a year, because of crops. Hope to post a few buttons next week (fingers crossed)!

deteknix

Jul 22, 2013
Covina, CA
Detector(s) used
Explorer XS Pro-pointer
Ace 350
White's 6000DI pro
Rangar
Tesoro Cortes
Bounty Hunter Camo LS
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Nice bullets. Great lesson. Deus can go really deep.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions