CW plate #3 and colonial brass..in east Tenn!!!!!!!!!

sekypaleo

Jan 24, 2010
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2 with 13" Ultimate coil, AKA Sorex Pro, Eurotek Pro, Garrett Pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went south again this past weekend to get back onto the site that produced my US buckle last weekend. My dad could not join me as he was busy doing his CW re-enacting thing and I sure wish he could have been with me for the hunts Sat and Sun. I dunno what has prompted this hot streak I am on, but ever since I got my Teknetics G2 ,my relic finds have been amazing. All these finds have been from 1"to about 7-8" down so I know most other detectors would hit them too, but somebody up above must be looking down on this ole relic hunter...anyways, on to this weekend. My last trip down to the site we secured permission from an adjacent landowner to hunt his property. The first three hours produced only a couple of roundballs and then I got a loud signal reading in the low 80's. My 3rd US plate in the last 1 & 1/2 months!!!!!!! I went back on Sunday and could only hunt for 2 hours but found something I have always dreamed of finding but never thought I would hunting here in the midwest....a colonial shoe buckle!!!!!!!! @ feet away from it I dug a large brass ? trigger guard? I dunno guys, need help with the ID, but I feel it is colonial era too. Finished the day with a couple of minies and a Burnside carbine and what appears to be a fairly modern brass heart disc. Speaking with the landowner he told me that the house dates to 1797. I gotta feeling that this spot is going to produce some awesome finds as the property is huge. Now if I can just keep those darned cows away!!!!! HH'ing all!

Attachments

• plate3.JPG
    plate3.JPG
    112.6 KB · Views: 1,112
  • plate3-1.JPG
    plate3-1.JPG
    156.7 KB · Views: 1,111
  • sat apr 30.JPG
    sat apr 30.JPG
    41.1 KB · Views: 1,096
  • shoe buckle1.JPG
    shoe buckle1.JPG
    69.8 KB · Views: 1,092
  • shoe buckle2.JPG
    shoe buckle2.JPG
    34.2 KB · Views: 1,094
  • trigger guard1.JPG
    trigger guard1.JPG
    94.3 KB · Views: 1,101
  • trigger guard2.JPG
    trigger guard2.JPG
    96.2 KB · Views: 1,093
  • great weekend.JPG
    great weekend.JPG
    68.7 KB · Views: 1,083
  • curious onlookers.JPG
    curious onlookers.JPG
    74.3 KB · Views: 1,083
Upvote 0

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Bill, that Colonial buckle within this post and the 3 U.S. CW plates you dug sure look good on the cover of the Oct. issue of Western & Eastern Treasures Magazines just out with your article inside. If you don't find anything else the rest of this year, you've had an extraordinary last 12 months of relic hunting for this day and time. Congrats, Quindy.

leddel

Jun 30, 2006
connecticut
great plate and shoe buckle Bill , while there are many variations of shoe buckle designs i agree that your buckle is probably from the 1770's . from overall size , the chape and tongue shapes and crudeness , the frame ornateness , thickness and arch curvature of the buckle itself. congrats on just finding a whole complete one as that alone is very uncommon. :icon_thumright:

Dan

HISPAN

Gold Member
Mar 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
WHITES MXT ,GARRET ACE150,GARRET SEA HUNT MARK II.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:o :o :o
Nice buckles ...thanks for sharing ! :thumbsup:
H

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
Those are some great finds. Congrats on the plate.
Dman

OP
OP
sekypaleo

sekypaleo

Jan 24, 2010
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2 with 13" Ultimate coil, AKA Sorex Pro, Eurotek Pro, Garrett Pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks again guys for the comments...no doubt about it I was on one heck of a hot streak this spring. Probabely will never duplicate that again...but...ya never know! That's one of the reasons why we hunt. A big shout out to Quindy for his help and guidance with the article in WE&T...couldn't have done it without ya!!!! HH'ing all!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions