CW soldiers wedding band?

gxray

Jan 30, 2009
CW soldier's wedding band?

Today I hunted a farm field that we hunted hard last yr and found a mix of Union and Confederate relics. I didn't find a lot today...just a fishing weight , a dented up ball button , piece of melted camp lead and a copper or brass wedding band. Not sure if the ring is CW era or not ....but I know a lot of soldiers wore cheaper rings back in the day.

Attachments

• DSC00050.JPG
    DSC00050.JPG
    48.5 KB · Views: 895
  • DSC00051.JPG
    DSC00051.JPG
    28.1 KB · Views: 884
  • DSC00052.JPG
    DSC00052.JPG
    30.5 KB · Views: 888
  • DSC00053.JPG
    DSC00053.JPG
    25.3 KB · Views: 874
Upvote 0
Re: CW soldier's wedding band?

I have a couple of those rings. I dont know if it were a civil war soldiers or not but I do believe they date to around the era. :thumbsup:

Can be a so called 'soldier's band' of the mid-19th century. In many countries they were usually 'home-made' and often of cheaper materials. But might be just a 'poor man's choice'. If the place is a CW site, the odds are that it's the thing.

great cw wedding ring!! :icon_thumright:

Although they are civilian items as well (like suspender clips, harmonica reeds, and the like), we have found them in CW camps. Take a close look at that lead piece--it may be a lead "wrapper" from a gun flint. :thumbsup:

-Buckleboy

neat stuff :icon_thumleft: MR TUFF

BuckleBoy said:
Although they are civilian items as well (like suspender clips, harmonica reeds, and the like), we have found them in CW camps. Take a close look at that lead piece--it may be a lead "wrapper" from a gun flint. :thumbsup:

-Buckleboy
Good eye Buck.... :icon_thumright:

cool finds. I have found a bunch of those brass wedding rings. I don't think they wore gold back in those days or they didn't know the difference.

BuckleBoy said:

-Buckleboy

Dug one just the other day (flint keeper).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back