CW Treasure in Lake Michigan...? Capt. John Yates Beall, CSA?

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
"Major Cole had his headquarters at Sandusky, Ohio. He was doing business as an oil speculator of Titusville, Pennsylvania. Col. Thompson let him have $60,000 in gold. He used this in his work for the Confederacy. Giving fine dinners to officers of the Michigan, he gained their good will and succeeded in having two Confederates enlist as seamen. One was the engineer; and ten as soldiers: placed on duty on the Island".

Their route to Detroit mentions going around lower Lake Mi. but they were traveling by train."To Chicago on the Illinois Central was soon made, then around the southern shores of Lake Michigan to Detroit, where after a rest and a stroll over the city, their boat soon crossed the beautiful clear waters of the Detroit River, and they were safe in Canada."
(Note: Detroit is right across the river from that part of Canada).
I,m speculating that their boat was acquired at Detroit.

https://fadedlinesofgray.wordpress.com/category/john-yates-beall/

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Sorry guys... wasn't JYB; Confederate Gold "story". PROBABLY heading to CSA/KGC in Canada... "Confederate GOLD Treasure may be in Lake Michigan"; I need to go to bed... it is 10 p.m. Good night, ALL! HH! Good Luck!

senior deacon

Jul 3, 2014
Humboldt, Iowa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was following along and when I saw Detroit. Well did you know that in Detroit you have to travel directly south to inter Canada. Windsor Ontario to be exact. The purple gang ran booze across the river during prohibition. More than a few treasure tales on that one if you know where to look.

S.D.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Some old cars went through the ice, running across the border there during prohibition.
Been there but prefer staying a couple hours west, despite less chances of cache recoveries from smuggling.

5875064034_2e9f99a22f_z.jpg

senior deacon

Jul 3, 2014
Humboldt, Iowa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well relevantchair we would rather have you safe than sorry. Better to hang out in the woods than the concrete jungle. You can add little when you are horizontal we like you vertical and sucking air.

S.D.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread