Cwr halves only in my area

tmjones550

Aug 16, 2011
I live in upstate s.c., every bank I go to which is alot only carry. Cwr which I love and have more luck with anyway,but my question is this.Why don't here in the south more banks have mwr in hand?I can order them all day long but I know of 2 banks that have them on hand but every bank here will have loose and cwr in the vault. AGAIN not complaining I LOVE CWR!I have made over $3000.00 in the last year alone off cwr halves.But they just dont carry mwr.

Upvote 0

BillyOceansEleven

May 6, 2011
I'm not in your area, but what I have found is that most bank branches don't keep MWR halves on hand. There just isn't enough demand for them for legitimate commerce. The only ones ever looking for them are coin collectors or coin roll hunters, so I guess they decide it is just easier to supply from whatever happens into the branch. Not to mention most teller hate having to keep the halves in their tills anyway.

OP
OP
tmjones550

tmjones550

Aug 16, 2011
tmjones550 said:
I live in upstate s.c., every bank I go to which is alot only carry. Cwr which I love and have more luck with anyway,but my question is this.Why don't here in the south more banks have mwr in hand?I can order them all day long but I know of 2 banks that have them on hand but every bank here will have loose and cwr in the vault. AGAIN not complaining I LOVE CWR!I have made over $3000.00 in the last year alone off cwr halves.But they just dont carry mwr.

Thats what I was thinking too.I love the cwr 100000% more anyway.I have not had a whole lotta luck with mwr.

kfs

Jul 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Because they have enough coins coming in from customers to meet their demand.

Halves are not really commonly used in day to day commerce. So branch are not going to stock coins business do not ask for in change orders.

You see a half in a cashier coin tray and do they give it to you as change no they are probably going to give 2 quarters or 5 dimes before they will use the half.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread