CWRs vs. Boxes - "and the winner is "...

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CWR's vs. Boxes - "and the winner is "...

CWR's , and truthfully- teller trays/loose - Since Christmas i have been regularly picking up
two or three boxes of halves a week , and asking for rolls here, there ,and everywhere -
Today I managed 3 boxes which yielded a whopping two 40%-ers, and two 90%-ers.
Stopped at a bank where I've had minimal results in the past , asked for rolls of halves
they had 5 - SCORE !!! Three of the five rolls gave up nine Franklins , six 1964's, and
16 40%-ers . I hit one last bank - asked for rolls , they had 3 dollars in loose , the teller
bounced them in her hand - yeah I heard it ! ( jingle instead of clink ) - three of the 6
were FRANKLINS !!! To sum up this story , CWR's have been seriously kicking a$$ on
the boxes that I've been doing ! Are you guys and gals noticing similar/different
results ? Argentium.

Upvote 0

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Re: CWR's vs. Boxes - "and the winner is "...

Congrats on the finds!

Seems a lot of us have been having really good luck with customer halves lately.

TG for clueless careless bank customers that still think paper is money - their loss is our gain. :)

H$H!

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I think the moral of the story is you should do both.

CWR always has the "potential" to yield some old treasures

You should always be doing as many boxes per week as you have time to produce the steady stream of silver.

OP
OP
A

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Bigheed , You are so right !!! - The real moral of this story , is do it all !- spot the teller tray ,
ask for rolls everywhere , and order boxes from multiple sources (if possible ) . A friend of mine
gave me a suggestion for pulling older/ silver coins -- ask at liquor stores , especially in the
poorer sections of town - I know this has a slightly sad implication (poor folks cashing silver
at face value to feed a liquor habit ) but I hadn't really thought of it before . I may try it
sporadically . Argentium.

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other

Bigheed said:

You should always be doing as many boxes per week as you have time to produce the steady stream of silver.

I agree Bh. I've been having pretty good success with boxes lately too and I got my best box ever just last month so I plan to keeping getting 'em wherever I can find 'em.

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Bigheed said:

+1

But, give me the choice between a $500 box and $500 worth of CWRs, and I'll take the CWRs every time. :icon_thumleft:

bblair

Dec 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other

Recently, I'll take boxes all day long. It seems like there is quite a bit of competition in about a 20 mile radius of where I live and I haven't pulled any silver out of CWR's since Christmas eve. Granted, I am not doing big volume, but I've either been running into "no halves" or someone elses dumps in CWR's.

Oh well, I'm hoping to up my weekly boxes soon and I'll keep asking for CWR's on non box days.

HH
bblair

Xiao en

Jan 30, 2012
Yourtown
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Today my teller says I dont think you have been thru these, I pulled em from the bottom a box of CWR's dimes, 2 rosies and a merc.

usual is 1 keeper dime per brinks box for me. These extras make up for the past couple skunks, so im back on average 1 keeper per box. I say do both.

Coinsandfootball

Feb 6, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Bigheed said:

I also agree do both. My son and I where dumping on Saturday and he found a small local bank heading to a dump bank we stopped went in and the one teller had 18 halves and the the other teller had 3 halves as the first teller open her drawer he saw silver and his eyes lit up says I will take them all she said great, then she tells my son we have more in the safe but can't open the safe on Saturday. He was bumped but I will be heading out that way tomorrow so hopefully they still have them! He scored 4 - 40% not bad for $10.50 and cold stop at a small local bank!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread