Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don, post a picture of your favorite arrowhead and tell us the story of why it's your favorite. 🙂👍

OP
OP
D

Don Lewis

Apr 28, 2024
Don, post a picture of your favorite arrowhead and tell us the story of why it's your favorite. 🙂👍
This Brewerton point is my favorite. Why? A friend of mine that got me into collecting arrowheads. Told me if you see flint chips on the ground look around in that area because you might find an arrowhead. Well he was right! As I was walking along this dirt path in the woods. I’ve walked many times before. Going into my bow hunting spot. I noticed some Black flint chips on the trail. So I took my buddies advice and started looking hard. And I couldn’t believe my eyes. Right smack in the middle of that dirt path was. Black Brewerton point. Laying on its side. I reached down and picked it up with a big smile was on my face. I had just found my first whole arrow head. Less than 100 yards. From where I killed my first deer with a bow and arrow. It was pretty cool when I thought about it. I was hunting in the same area someone else was hunting hundreds of years ago. Well that’s my story that on my favorite arrow head. Are you going to share yours with us now underminer?;)

Attachments

• IMG_7940.png
    IMG_7940.png
    607.5 KB · Views: 22

oldmxrat

Gold Member
Oct 25, 2020
Reno Nevada summers, Las Vegas winters
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400, Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Legend, Nokta Accupoint
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This Brewerton point is my favorite. Why? A friend of mine that got me into collecting arrowheads. Told me if you see flint chips on the ground look around in that area because you might find an arrowhead. Well he was right! As I was walking along this dirt path in the woods. I’ve walked many times before. Going into my bow hunting spot. I noticed some Black flint chips on the trail. So I took my buddies advice and started looking hard. And I couldn’t believe my eyes. Right smack in the middle of that dirt path was. Black Brewerton point. Laying on its side. I reached down and picked it up with a big smile was on my face. I had just found my first whole arrow head. Less than 100 yards. From where I killed my first deer with a bow and arrow. It was pretty cool when I thought about it. I was hunting in the same area someone else was hunting hundreds of years ago. Well that’s my story that on my favorite arrow head. Are you going to share yours with us now underminer?;)
Very cool story!

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you gonna post your story of your favorite arrowhead underminer? I’d like to hear it.👍
Nah, I only ever found this bootleg looking thing that probably isn't even real...
IMG_20180619_151254_156.jpg
I was looking for arrow heads non stop for like 3 months and fianlly I see this huge thing sticking out of the sand by the shore. It looked to be a broken spear point of some kind. I still don't know much about it only that obsidian wasn't used by any natives on the North East where I live so it might not even be a real artifact but something made later and tossed into the sea by someone fairly recently. In this same time and place however I also found this curious carved stone with a hole in the middle which I do believe is a native artifact of some kind...
IMG_20180510_224859_197.jpg

Native American artifacts are far from my area of expertise so I don't know anything else to add about these finds.

OP
OP
D

Don Lewis

Apr 28, 2024
Nah, I only ever found this bootleg looking thing that probably isn't even real...
View attachment 2148319 I was looking for arrow heads non stop for like 3 months and fianlly I see this huge thing sticking out of the sand by the shore. It looked to be a broken spear point of some kind. I still don't know much about it only that obsidian wasn't used by any natives on the North East where I live so it might not even be a real artifact but something made later and tossed into the sea by someone fairly recently. In this same time and place however I also found this curious carved stone with a hole in the middle which I do believe is a native artifact of some kind...
View attachment 2148320
Native American artifacts are far from my area of expertise so I don't know anything else to add about these finds.
Very cool finds. That was a huge point! You have to wonder what were they hunting with that large point. Thanks for sharing your finds with us. Good luck hunting.

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool finds. That was a huge point! You have to wonder what were they hunting with that large point. Thanks for sharing your finds with us. Good luck hunting.
Do you know what the stone with the hole in it is called?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread