CZ-20 Question

newfie

Greenie
Feb 20, 2011
Dawsonville, Ga
Detector(s) used
whites,fisher
I was in my basement this week getting out my White's PI, getting ready for a beach trip to caribbean and I also started going thru several closets and large bags and uncovered a CZ-20 detector.....it looks new, I turned it on and the battery check showed full charge, but for the life of me I cannot remember buying it, I must have bought it thinking of replacing my white's Pi with it and just never got around to using it.....I have a lot of stuff and a big basement so its easy to misplace things and stuff gets moved around and buried......my question....
anyone out there ever use a CZ-20 and what is it used for mainly, water? or can I use it for land searches also? Not sure what I will do with it, I have been looking at an Minelab or a White's MXT for land, I have found a ton of stuff with my PI and have never been disappointed with it but if the CZ-20 is a water detector I don't need 2.........

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Geez son, you don't need two? Is you for real? We never have enough detectors. Being from GA. how many fishing lures do you have?

The Fisher CZ-20 is one of the best detectors out there for water or land. Actually the land version is the CZ-6a as it has two frequencies just like the CZ-20 or newer CZ-21. (only thing changed on the 21 is the pinpoint button and battery door.)

I actually like the Fisher above the White's PI because the coil tends to float with the PI and it doesn't disc well. This is no problem if you are a young dude, but since you forgot you had a CZ-20 I suspect your memory is gone. :laughing7: No offence........

The CZ-20 is used on land but being a water detector able to go down to 200 foot it is heavier than a land unit. If you water hunt with it you will notice that you can teather it to your belt and on letting go of it in waist deep water or deeper, the box will float near you. It can also be hipmounted or suspended from your neck with Fisher's harness. This is the way I like to carry it and make none wading lots easier.

I ground balance in AUTO and search in Disc setting of 0 or 1. This gives you three tones, low for Iron, Mid tone for nickels, pull tabs and most gold rings. The high tone is to tell you that you could have a coin or pop can. It also has a overload tone for targets that are either very close to the coil or are larger like those gold Rolex watches we hear about. The scale on the side tells you where most targets can come in at what disc setting. The CZ-20 is one fine detector, don't sell it short. :thumbsup:
http://www.losttreasure.com/content/archives/fisher-research-cz-20-metal-detector

Attachments

• CZ-20.jpg
    CZ-20.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 332
  • CZ-20.jpg
    CZ-20.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 348

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
There are places I choice my CZ over the excalibur.....I heard from a close friend of Eric Fosters, that he uses his often on the beach, over his PI's, with the audio boost up full. So don't sell it, give it a try...coil size?

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
I do not look forward to the days that I stuff $1000+ tectors in the basement and forget about 'em. I wonder what kind of super batteries you had in that machine to last so long. The CZ-20 is a killer machine, in the drink and out.

OP
OP
newfie

newfie

Greenie
Feb 20, 2011
Dawsonville, Ga
Detector(s) used
whites,fisher
I'm sure everyone reading my post thinks I'm nuts or gone crazy, but I went thru some very serious health issues, kidney failure, ended up getting double transplant and if my memory is right I bought the detector just before everything went down hill and I put it away for safe keeping, I just put it away really well and yes those batteries are still as strong as the day I put them in.....strange, but that pretty much sums up my life lately......anyway I am going to keep it, take it with me on my next trip and start using it....
thanks for your replies....

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
newfie, a cz20 wet or dry is a killer, you really cannot expect too much more from a machine. Do not run max sense on land, keep it down about 3 or 4 till you learn it. Iron will get you every time so be patient. Once it sets in, look out!

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
newfie said:
again thanks, for shallow water and beach what settings do you use?

newfie, I never hit the salt, but in fresh, I run autotune and max sense. Get well and get going with the cz20, you will be impressed.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish I had enough money to buy something that expensive and forget about it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread