cz-5 produces 1894 indian head.

downindixie

Oct 10, 2004
Oxford,Alabama
I know that this is not a biggie to most seasoned detectorist,but it is a very good sign for me because I believe that I am finally learning my new cz-5.I found it and the 1917 lincoln my two last finds before I left the park I had been detecting.They were 6" and 4" respectively.This is a park I had hunted the last 20 years with my White's 6000 di series 2.The area I found these two coins was an area I had hunted methodically before.So all I want to says is "YIPPEE".By the way the IH has full liberty on it!

Attachments

• MVC-017S.JPG
    MVC-017S.JPG
    20.1 KB · Views: 210
Upvote 0

JARMAN

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2004
:) Nice finds Dixie,Grant you all tho;s seasoned guy, and gal,s love each one that pops its head.HH

OP
OP
downindixie

downindixie

Oct 10, 2004
Oxford,Alabama
Maybe I should have titled this thread "God please dry up the mud and look what I found in my desperate hour to learn how to operate a metal detector" in order to get more responses!You guys kill me with how you respond to threads,then again it must have something to do with popularity!

GrantWA

Feb 27, 2005
I was just sitting here wishing I had found those coins and you had a doowhackadoowhadoowhackaddooo....

Nice finds..I had some once.. :D

bk

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2005
SE Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE pro, Minelab Explorer XS, Garrett Freedom II (3), Garrett pro-pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think you will find that your CZ will find deeper coins than the 6000DI. I have a CZ6 and used to have a Whites 6000D series II.
I have found that with the CZ, deep targets do NOT always give solid "coin" signals. I will get an occasional low tone. Sometimes the target is a nail, but often it is either a deep coin, or a coin on edge.
The 6000 was a good machine in it's day, but having to whip the coil wore out my arm.
If you are finding I.H. cents in a park that you already hunted, keep looking, you will likely find more and dig some of those questionable signals.
Good Luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread