gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
Tonight I went into my early 1950's circus grounds that I pulled 24 silver from last fall (using an M6). It's in the mid forties here in Watertown NY, almost unheard of, it's a heat wave! Tomorrow forecast at 49 degrees!. I was itchin' to try out my CZ20 which is fresh out of major surgery. I hit the grounds at about 11:15 pm. I was trying to get one more silver before the new year but I pulled the merc at about 1:00 a.m. on 1/1/11. Plus a cool cheapy silver ring with little green stones. And three wheats and a fifties canada cent. Two hours was enough for me. Happy New Year to all!

Attachments

• 121.JPG
    121.JPG
    99.6 KB · Views: 294
  • 122.JPG
    122.JPG
    88.2 KB · Views: 292
  • 123.JPG
    123.JPG
    65.1 KB · Views: 294
  • 124.JPG
    124.JPG
    96 KB · Views: 293
  • 125.JPG
    125.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 281

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a pretty merc. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
gleaner1

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks Sandman. I hope to post another tonight, still very unseasonably warm here, 40 degrees above average. Kinda weird since the south is so cold this year. I almost forgot to say I baking soda'd the heck out of that merc.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
That is a good looking merc. ,.............. I never pulled a merc out of the ground that was in that good of shape.......... But then i have never been out detecting at 1 AM in the morning in the winter................ That could be my problem.......

Attachments

• thumbnailCA7QNBFP.jpg
    thumbnailCA7QNBFP.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 238
OP
OP
gleaner1

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
Keppy, I gotta go to this spot at night, I will not let the competition see me in my little forty's silver dump. It's bad too, lots of thick soggy sod and mud, my back is killing me. Pickins are slimmin down but I'm gonna hit the main iron area in rock bottom sens in autotune. Maybe shake something up a bit. I will post tonight.

Willee

May 6, 2009
Corpus Christi, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 ... Fisher CZ-70 ... Deus 2 ... Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Gleaner1, you scared me ... for a moment I thought that first photo was of your CZ-20 innards all tore apart ... :laughing7: ...

Looks like it is working like it should ... next is the water test ... if it dont leak ya got a winner.

(edit) Oh ... wait a moment ... now I get it ... you are the one that got the major surgery ... not the detector ... :icon_sunny: ...

Willee

OP
OP
gleaner1

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
Willee that's some funny stuff. If this bag shot detector leaks, I will immediately proceed with the ritual "Drunken Burning of the Detector with Gasoline" (this would not be my first time), or perhaps a fine "Smashing of Detector Against Tree in Fit of Rage". I will probably just run over it with my car. It did survive its first brutal mud slathering and subsequent bathtub submersion for cleaning. I have a good feeling about it.

synthnut

Mar 8, 2010
Nyack NY
gleaner1,
I like your style .... forget running it over with a car ....you have to feel the vibration in your hands as you destroy anything to get the full effect !!....... :headbang: .....Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread