CZ20 vs CoinStrike help me please!!

Dave_SLO

Greenie
Mar 4, 2005
ok guys .. I have both cz20 and a fisher coinstrike.. Now i need your help in deciding what one to keep

I can only keep one because they belong to another person and she let me borrow them to test them out.

Coinstrike..
pros.. i really like the discriminating features and the fact that it is light, It also has a digital readout so that i can tell (most of the time) what the target is. I have found lots of clad and some rings with this so far.
Cons.. It freeks out on my black sand beaches. (down in the wet sand) I have to lower the settings so much i dont find much. In the dry sand tho im able to run it allmost at full sensitivity.

CZ20
Pros.. it goes realy deep (deeper then the Coinstrike) it works realy realy good on the beach, i took it out today for the first time and found a lot of stuf.
cons.. it finds everything!! lol wich can be a pain in the arse if i whant to hunt a school yard. or some other realy trashy spot. Now i have not used any settings other then the auto tune so im not shure if the discrimination function on it works well. It is also heavy but that realy doesnt or wont effect my decision.

ok.. Here is a little info on what i want ot of the detector ill keep.
I want to be able to hunt arround the beach (my primary hunting grounds) but also be able to hunt some parks and schools.

Well any help is apreciated please leave your comments and suggestions. Thank you

edit.. I have to make my decision within the week.

Upvote 0
D

Darod

Really, this is a no brainer for you,...I think.

The CZ-20 is your machine.

Use it in discrimination mode and practice with the settings. Run some tests on different items and see what disc settings block out the majority of the trash. I have a CZ-20 and love to use it for all the types of hunting you described you will be doing.

Once you get used to the settings and the pinpointer, you'll be smiling all day long :)

Rod

PS: The Coinstrike an awsome machine as well BUT, forget it on the beach. It's just not designed for that type of hunting.

D

Darod

Dave,

You can also use the CZ-20 in auto tone mode until you hit a target and then start notching up the disc until the items is blocked out. Then you can pretty much tell what your target is. Right on the side of the control unit is a scale to show you what items discm out at what level/number. Try this method,....you'll be sure to NOT miss any targets this way!

Good luck,
Rod

OP
OP
D

Dave_SLO

Greenie
Mar 4, 2005
Thank you.. Yea im not shure but from first empressions the cz20 is the one im going to keep.
Being waterproof Is realy a plus .. The other day before i got the cz20 i was using the C$ down on the beach and it started raining.. And i had to leave because i feard it might mess up the MD..

Not having to worry about that is a biggie for me.

Do you ever hunt at night? with the CZ 20

Man lol i realy like both of them and if i had the cash i would own both..

On a side note though .. Even though i have found quite a lot with the coinstrike in the last 2 weeks i have had it. I have the sneaking suspicion that i am missing things.. Especialy on the beach. ..... I did not have any doubts at all today when i was using the CZ 20 about missing things.. (peace of mind??) lol

Well before i make my final decision i want to hear more from you and others.

And yes i know about thegoldenolde web site.. I think ive read almost all of the articals there.. (did the same thing on the C$ also.. )

D

Darod

I'll tell you what works for me on night hunting.

You may look a bit silly but what I did was go to Walmart and buy one of those LED lights that strap on your forehead. Keeps your hands free and give off enough light to see what your doing.

I think mine cost about $12 and I got the good one!

I still think the CZ-20 is your ticket. I don't use LED read-outs and screens when I hunt so the features the Coinstrike has in this respect are of no use to me. If you don't use it, why pay for it!.....of course, that's just my 2 cents on it.

By the way, if you decide you want to expand your hunting area and get into the surf (which I highly recommend) then the CZ-20 would be your only choice! You can dive with it if your a diver.

Hope this all helps you make up your mind.

Good luck.

Rod

OP
OP
D

Dave_SLO

Greenie
Mar 4, 2005
Well guys after carefull thought and lots of gettin out there and using both of them i finaly made up my mind and decided....................................(drum roll...............)......... On the CZ-20 lol It didnt hurt That i found a silver ring last night with it ether lol.

Thank you guys for all the input and advice.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions