CZ20, why arent they making them anymore?

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Re: CZ20, why aren't they making them anymore?

Where did you hear they're not making the CZ20 anymore?

It must be something new is on the horizon.

OP
OP
M

mvSWAT

Sep 21, 2004
Mt. Vernon, Indiana

Zeb, I've been watching for a CZ20 on ebay looking for a good deal and I've seen it mentioned in there several times and even here in Today's finds (I think a few days ago). I've yet to hear anything about a replacement. The CZ20 has such a great reputation that I was surprised to hear they would discontinue it. Happy Hunting. Dan

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other

I'm sure Fisher has some replacement in mind. I don't think I've ever heard anything bad about the CZ20.

Maybe they just didn't sell well enough to justify making them? It's hard to believe.

dano91

Apr 3, 2005
colorado

The CZ-20 rock's!!! but lately I've heard the 1250 ain't too shabby and it's taking more sales, so even thou the CZ-20 is multi frequency
the 1250 keeps up with it and outsells it. Just what I heard on the grapevine.
Dano.

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other

My guess is used CZ20's will soon be selling on ebay for more than they cost new. ???

goldther

Nov 30, 2004
il
Detector(s) used
fisher,minelab,fx,2-box

Got a friend that was the fisher dealer in the midwest. He told me last week that fisher had stopped production on the cz20. My personal opinion is that the new management people are not as "hands on" metal detector people like the old management team. So I look for a lot of changes from them down the road. I have been using fishers for 25 years and now find myself becoming a minelab person. Hope this helps, Bob

rjnail

Nov 25, 2005
Detector(s) used
Excalibur,

I HEARD REPLACES PARTS ARE HARD TO GET FOR THEM , THATS WHY, BUT THERE BE ALOT OF STORYS ABOUT WHY THEY STOP MAKING THEM, YES WAS N STILL IS A GREAT WATER MACHINE, LIKE IT BETTER THEN THE 1280X,

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I don't own a Fisher detector, but they are the no.1 most popular detector in my neck of the woods. Most of the members in my club go with Fisher. But I heard several of the members discussing it last week. A couple of them who are pretty proficient detectorists were saying that Fisher was going down hill fast and they may change brands in the future. They were really pissed about the discontinuance of the CZ20. So, I don't know what's going on at Fisher but it don't look good to me? Monty

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: CZ -20 was canned by a bunch of

ferrous warrior said:
corporate types who doubtfully know anything about detectors.
Their botton line is comparing the cost of production to returns
in net profits-keeping the share holders happy is their priority. >:(
Fisher was owned by a group called cohu, who also decided they should
be more involved in industrial scanners than hobby detectors. Whether
that direction will change under First Texas is the great UNKNOWN. ???
We'll have to wait and see I guess.

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I've been a fisher user for approx. 15 yrs with the cz20 for the last 8 yrs and there's never been a better detector made IMHO and that's after having owned an ex-cal 1000 too.

It really grinds my azz (as it does many other guys) that they have discontinued the cz20 but I'm now hoping that fisher (or someone) makes a better machine than it AND/OR the ex-cal with new tech because I'll be the 1st one in line to buy.

If nothing becomes available soon (better than the cz20) I'm joining many others and bailing out on fisher because they don't make any other machines that compare to the cz20 and I refuse to buy/use 2nd best/rate crap just because some corp. profit seeking dumb-oxo is trying to line his pockets via reduced cost of production, and higher sales of the junk/cheap detectors. I don't give my $$ to "sell outs" and will go back to the ex-cal if I have to.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Lonewolfe, you an I feel the same about Fisher. I have used the 1280 till I started to use the CZ20 then the 1280 collected dust. My CZ20 still works fine and I still take it out occasionally. However I like the non masking qualities of the Excal 1000.

Many of my friends have dropped Fisher because of the lack of personal service from the new management and non honoring warranties on the CZ20's. I wonder which other models they will decide to stop fixing. I always liked the way they never used up any batteries and were built like tanks. So if you still have a CZ20, treat it EXTRA CAREFULLY cause you won't get it repaired.

HH,
Sandman

kieser sousa/rip

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2006
upstate N.Y.
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz-20/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Well that realy blows ! I've had a cz-20 for several years now.I bought it for water hunting and dident use it for 2-3 years as i also had a garrett 2500.I sold the garrett and started using the fisher,Well i'll tell ya i would never go back to the 2500,I love the cz-20 ! I seldom use it in the water,and have found some very deep coins with it.I have had a problem with the pinpoint button not working,but that is not a big problem as i have learned to pinpoint by just moving the coil back and forth slightly over the target,by doing this i can tell if there is say a piece of junk next to a good target.I have been meaning to send it in for repair but hate to be without a detector as the weather has been good.Now i guess i'll have to live with it !Not that i'm complaining as it is an awsome detector anyway you look at it !

allanw23

Dec 19, 2006
oklahoma city, ok
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro

Unfortunately Fisher is now Fisher Research Labs/First Texas Products. In other words "Bounty Hunter" no longer in Los Banos, California but in El Paso, Texas

Eddy1H

Dec 17, 2006
Rockwall Texas
Detector(s) used
Cz20, Cz6a, 1212X, Minelab, Muskateer Advantage Whites, XLT, Surf PI, Garrett TR

I use a cz20 and it is a good machine, on just about every thing, just a bit heavy on a long hunt, I would get one while you can, it will be hard for them to reproduce an analog detector to replace it, and doubt they will, the next will be digital and slower in response

kieser sousa/rip

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2006
upstate N.Y.
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz-20/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Eddy1H said:
I use a cz20 and it is a good machine, on just about every thing, just a bit heavy on a long hunt, I would get one while you can, it will be hard for them to reproduce an analog detector to replace it, and doubt they will, the next will be digital and slower in response
Have you tryed the hip mount ? I used to get pains in my elbow until i switched to the hip mount,this way it weighs just about nothing ! ;D

Eddy1H

Dec 17, 2006
Rockwall Texas
Detector(s) used
Cz20, Cz6a, 1212X, Minelab, Muskateer Advantage Whites, XLT, Surf PI, Garrett TR

kieser sousa said:
Eddy1H said:
Have you tryed the hip mount ? I used to get pains in my elbow until i switched to the hip mount,this way it weighs just about nothing ! ;D
Kieser, as long as I have been detectiong I have never hip mounted a detector box, just never really thought about it, much, I knew people did but not me. I will rig up a hip mount belt and check it out, thanks for helping me save my arm Kieseer. My most recent detector is a 1212x what a well kept secret this machine smokes I still can't believe its a entry level machine, I have all the hot rod machines about 4 grand worth of them , and I pick up the 1212 just about every time, very light also really easy on a all day hunt. Thanks again Kieser
Eddy

M

mrsgoldigger

Sorry I'm off topic, can anyone tell me what type of batteries cz20 takes.

Sorry I'm off topic, can anyone tell me what type of batteries cz20 takes ASAP, have the chance to buy one cheap.. thanks

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread