Dale District,Ca past M&T

blindpig

Sep 29, 2007
So. Cali
Detector(s) used
Well,.Sometimes ?
Dale District,Ca past M&T

Hi all , haven’t been around much lately , just haven’t been out chas’n that gold but 3-4 times this year . And for that matter , this past Monday & Tuesday wasn’t much of a chase ,.. Spent about 1-1 ½ hr split’n and vacuuming some bedrock ,.. Did some detecting as well .
DSC05457crrs.jpg

A weak attempt on this bedrock , .. Been looking at this bedrock for a few years now , due to past weather , I knew that some dry washing wasn’t going to happen this last trip of the year, .. And I was alright with this , It was good to just goof off with the family in the sun for a bit .

DSC05496crrs.jpg

Yeah ,...not great but it’s gold , .. Funny thing is I’ve found some nice detectable Au. In some tight B.R in this wash ,..yet deeper & wider cracks ???

DSC05487crrs.jpg

It seems just like yesterday that my lit’ princess was a cap’n pumpkins with a .22 ,...could just bring a tear to my eye ,. Seeing her use Daddy’s .45 ,...and quit efficiently I might add .

Anyway , was good to spend some “quality” time with the Family ,...Oh , we did have one guest at are camp ,. An old friend we found out in the Dale a few years back . Tim Mann , this weathered O’ man must have been a colorful fellow in his day , been out in the dale since the great depression ,for the most parts,.. That there is a great story , ..and he’s always welcome at are fire .
Hope’n to get out a bit more,... next year ..........Blindpig

Upvote 0

TURNMASTER

Oct 13, 2009
Spokane WA
Detector(s) used
X-terra 705, Explorer SE, & At Pro
Re: Dale District,Ca past M&T

Spending time with the family is better than the Oro Puro. It sure has long term value that you are handing down thru generations. There will be time for the Gold later.

Jeff

paseclipse

Jul 10, 2005
Pasadena, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX4000, Minelab SD2100, White's GMT, Minelab Explorer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Hey if your going to squeeze off a few rounds through your gun PLEASE do it somewhere where there's a backdrop and the bullets won't stray into the goldfields. I look at that pick of your daughter firing your gun (know exactly where thats at, been up in the hills in the background) and cringe because I'll probably clean those bullets up later on since I occasionally hunt the Dale District. Not to mention there's a chance someone might be detecting in the area your firing and your risking the chance of one of your bullets hitting someone. Not trying to bust your b@%$s or anything it's just common sense firearm safety. In most goldfields you can usually find spots where people target practice.

BTW nice finds and it sounds like you had fun with your family.

OP
OP
blindpig

blindpig

Sep 29, 2007
So. Cali
Detector(s) used
Well,.Sometimes ?

Thanks Turnmaster , so true about spending time with the family these days , everyone so busy with school , sports ,..even work ,not often enough time spent as a complete family . And ,perhaps a little "Oro Puro" right now ,... isn't all that bad ... ;D
Takoda ,.......Yep .... :icon_thumright:
Thanks Paseclipse ,. your right I couldn't say with 100% certainty that if anyone was back there , at say "jolley's" ,from the "bowl" over to the Gold Crown was clear , or better said I didn't see anyone on my way out . And true "looks" , "should be" , "maybe" is not common sense in regards to firearms . And there are plenty of better places I could have chosen .
And I know what its like digg'n lead from people you know/know of,.. spit'n there lead into small area's ,that you have put some time into over the years ,.. hell even shared what I know about these areas with some .
Anyway ,have you ever talked to O' Tim Mann out there ? Quit a relic from yesteryear he is ,!!
And not to worry , ...my B@$$ are supposedly in a "safe place" ,... thats according to my wife ,...............Blindpig

Astrobouncer

Jun 21, 2009

I like that one picker, its got nice character and some chunkiness to boot. That wash looks pretty promising. Good luck out there and thanks for posting the pictures.

OP
OP
blindpig

blindpig

Sep 29, 2007
So. Cali
Detector(s) used
Well,.Sometimes ?

Astrobouncer , that's how the gold runs out there , .25 - .5 gr. very common , ..few nicer ones .. ;D , not say'n that per yd/ton there's a lot , but when Au is found typically its in picker form , perhaps not that odd for the Pinto Placers [Dale] ,I believe ?
The wash ,we believe has good potential , the O' timers worked a lot of it , but left much virgin material for us , yet another "oddity" of this claim . As typically , when the O' timers did work a given wash out there they didn't leave as much as a teaspoon in 'em .
So there was enough Au there to get there interest ,but not enough to clean her out ? Tis' a "promising" idea for sure !!

DSC05117crrs.jpg
Larger pieces are about .5 gr ea.​

Here you go , just added a bit of shine here for ya Astobouncer ,. typical stuff from the wash ,..believe me weve panned are drywasher tailings time and time again ,just not much small stuff there ,...real shame ... :wink: Blindpig

corvettejk

Jan 9, 2011

Hi Mr. Blindpig:
I have been detecting at most of the mines in the Dale area. I never found any gold, but I have found a LOT of lead and brass. My son and I do a little shooting there too.
Be careful, even when you are not shooting. There was once someone shooting on the other side of a hill and the bullets were flying over our heads (sounded like angry bees at 1,000 miles per hour).
I hope your girl had earplugs (and maybe some glasses for next time).
Just like you the biggest treasure we come home with is the memories.
John

p.s. Hmmm, I wonder how much scrap lead and brass sell for these days. Maybe that's where the money is at.
jk

OP
OP
blindpig

blindpig

Sep 29, 2007
So. Cali
Detector(s) used
Well,.Sometimes ?

Hi there Corvettejk , I see that your new to T- net , so welcome.. :wave: .. It is a great place for sure !! were not so formal round here , so just "hay Pig" will do .. ;D.
Yep , the Dale is a shoot'n gallery for sure , and I've herd those "Angry Bee's" before. And no joke about that scrap brass !! I've thought about that as well , there are places out there where the casings are maybe 2" or more thick !! really , screen 'em , magnet to get the steel one's, and a bit of a wash to get the sand out ?? There is a Scrap Metal forum here at T-net ,.. they probably have a few idea's on this ?
As for the Gold,....well , if your finding "lot's" of lead And your hunt'n in and around some drywasher tailing's ,...should be on it , just over hill & dale out there ,well this hasn't worked for me for some time out there , the "free-range" days are over ,so many claims . We dig & detect are little wash now . Ya know ,. O' Tim Mann advice is probably better then anyone else's on where that Au is ,.. I have a pic of him with a yeller rock the size of an egg , somewhere ..from the predigital days ? If you find him out there ask him ,.but don't call him "Mr." ,..he's not that formal ether. careful of that Lit' S.O.B dog of his ,..think he has tetanus or distemper or something !!
If the Dale is a convenient place to hunt ,..do a bit of research for an area known as R.S.C. , try some old post in some more local Au Forums ,3-5 yr's past... :wink: hint: cold there right now . I'm not going to tell ya where it's at ,... that would be ,.. well just wrong ...Good Luck !!

Sir. Pig ... hmmm...yeah, I think I like that ??

Astrobouncer

Jun 21, 2009

Hey Blind, I am sorry I missed that you posted that pic earlier, but wow, that's real nice stuff you got there. Thanks for sharing it with us, and good luck out there this year. I will post some pics of some South Carolina gold soon.

paseclipse

Jul 10, 2005
Pasadena, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX4000, Minelab SD2100, White's GMT, Minelab Explorer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Hey Blindpig I've only been to the Dale District a handful of times. I tend to stick to the Randsburg area when I'm gold hunting but I do know a few guys that go out there regularly (not the guy you mention).

Funny experience happened to me out in the Dale District... On the first trip I literally nailed a gold nugget within the first hour I showed up. Stayed the night and went back to the same spot the next day and found two more nuggets. Second trip I was lucky enough to squeeze out a small 0.3 grammer off of a hillside. Third trip I hit a nice little patch and plucked 3 small nuggets totalling about 1/8 ozt. Since then... Weeeeell it's all been downhill! For a little while I was 100% out there for every trip but since then I've had my a$% handed to me! lol

Here's a recent ICMJ article about metal detecting out there-

http://www.icmj.com/article.php?id=929&keywords=Know_Your_District

Think I'll stick to the spots where the magnetite is the next time I head out there!

OP
OP
blindpig

blindpig

Sep 29, 2007
So. Cali
Detector(s) used
Well,.Sometimes ?

Astrobouncer ,yeah I'd like to see some of that South Carolina Gold !! , I'd also would like to see some of that S.C. gold country of yours ,if possible !! :icon_thumright: . Been in the low county's there in S.C. found it a bit ,..flat , lot's of water & gater's ,.. way to many BUG"S , ..but man , there are some really beautiful places back in them woods !!
Paseclipse , LOL , yeah ,...everyone's had there A$$'s handed back to them from the Dale ,...... a few times , and I don't know what she uses to tan "em with ether ?? ,.... but , boy sure makes for a painfully long ride home !!
Great link there ,.Thanks ........... Blindpig

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread