Damn! It's COLD! Hunt...

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy Folks. Temps are dropping like a Led Zeppelin tonight in northern Illinois. I did manage about an hour in the soy bean field I found Ugly Penny in last night. I got some iron, a few pull tabs, can slaw and four targets I used for pictures. My favorite being the old doubled over brass buckle. She's an oldie. It has a patent date on it but, it's very hard to make it out. Let's just call it old. Got a horse tack rivet, a lead thingy, and not sure what the other item is but, it rang into the low 80's on my Racer 2? I literally ran out of the field from the freezing temps and winds kicking my butt. I hope this is a brief cold snap. I ain't ready to hibernate just yet. Thanks for stopping by. Kurios1

Schultzes Buckle Freeze Out 001.JPG Schultzes Buckle Freeze Out 004.JPG Schultzes Buckle Freeze Out 006.JPG Schultzes Buckle Freeze Out 007.JPG Schultzes Buckle Freeze Out 008.JPG Schultzes Buckle Freeze Out 010.JPG Schultzes Buckle Freeze Out 011.JPG Schultzes Buckle Freeze Out 012.JPG Schultzes Buckle Freeze Out 013.JPG Schultzes Buckle Freeze Out 015.JPG

Upvote 20

scruggs

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2008
Northern Alabama
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Interesting finds you made in a short time due to the cold but that would be a good site to return to on a warmer day. Good luck.

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool buckle! And good job getting it un-doubled over...now get after that patent date! Great stuff, K...Ddf

johnnycat

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2007
Mechanicsville, VA
Detector(s) used
Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You must be nuts!! LOL. I remember many years ago not being able to move my fingers it was so cold.

pa-dirt_nc-sand

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2016
South Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice buckle, good job bending it back without breaking it. Looks like I'll have your weather tomorrow, high of 30, yuk, Heading to NC next week should be in the 60's, yeah

Tired Rooster

Nov 6, 2011
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelabs and Tesoros
Several of them....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Paid off battling that cold wind. Nice old buckle!!

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WE're getting it here tomorrow night. Still planning on digging Sunday. Not that I'm hard headed, but went out in blowing horizontal snow more than once or twice...

Ogre1190

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don't worry, Kevin...warmer days are on their way (says the guy who throws longjohns over his longjohns to go dig).

Sent from my HTC Desire 510 using TreasureNet.com mobile app

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice recoveries for a short hunt, it seems that the finds are older from this section of the field. Hope it warms up again for ya.
Merino wool Icebreaker Basecamp thermos are going on the body from now on, hand warmers are a must, and dressing in layers like an onion.
Just looking at the weather right now -11C feeling more like -20C with a 20-30km/h wind from the NW. Sunny but the detecting can wait for another day or two till the winds subside. Deer season on as well, not a good weekend to be around anywhere here where buck fever is flowing through the veins of man.

1942 merc

Sep 14, 2012
sd
Detector(s) used
xp deus , Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I hunted in 26 degrees with snow the other day . I do not want to give in but it is getting really hard to get out when it is below 30 degrees . Nice finds .

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the nice relics! :occasion14:

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hunted in 26 degrees with snow the other day . I do not want to give in but it is getting really hard to get out when it is below 30 degrees . Nice finds .

That's pretty hardcore mate. Thanks for challenging me to keep pluggin' away.:icon_thumright:

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
-Minelab Equinox 800 with 11" and 6" coils - Garett ACE 250 - Garett AT Pinpointer-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is one fancy buckle. Way to go! The cold is no fun but tolerable for now. Hoping for higher temps next weekend.

can_slaw

Nov 10, 2017
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
ACE 400, ACE 300, TESORO COMPADRE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am so glad that I am not the only one out there braving the cold. I did have to give up on yards now, since the plugs no longer look like they did a week ago. But farm fields are NEVER off the table, LOL.:icon_thumright:
That buckle is truely a heart stopper, and I plan to check back and look for an update on the patent date. I sure hope you find it!!

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am so glad that I am not the only one out there braving the cold. I did have to give up on yards now, since the plugs no longer look like they did a week ago. But farm fields are NEVER off the table, LOL.:icon_thumright:
That buckle is truely a heart stopper, and I plan to check back and look for an update on the patent date. I sure hope you find it!!

Hey there can slaw & welcome to T-net. Yeah, there's a few of us "crazies" that bundle up in layers and chase after stuff until all the ground is frozen solid. I do like the ornate design on the old buckle. I can see the Patent date but, even with my jeweler's loupe can't get a definite make on it. 18?6 I think. Almost looks like 1826 but, I don't think it's that old. Not sure when they began the Patent process in America either. Keep after it up there and Go BEARS!:laughing9:

Underwonder

Bronze Member
Jul 31, 2017
RI
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT Spectrum, TRX Pin-pointer, Garrett AT Pro Pin-pointer, Eagle II SL with Bigfoot, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well that buckle s worth it! Good for you. I went out for a few hours until my fingers couldn’t feel in the dirt any more. Not much for my efforts..3¢ nails, cans, and an odd piece. Pretty soon the desire to dig will be stronger than the need to feel in the dirt so I'll have to get some kind of gloves [emoji6]. Nice field you have there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread