Dances With Bears

BobPA

Feb 18, 2007
Williamsport, Home of Little League Baseball
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, JW Fisher Pulse 8X
A friend of mine from St. Martin called me one day to say he was in Pennsylvania and wanted to stay with me for a couple of days. I drove to Harrisburg to pick him up at the airport and told him he had to rough it in a cabin in the Grand Canyon area of Pennsylvania.

He was amazed at how big our mountains are and all the wildlife that he had seen while staying at the cabin. He really wanted a picture of a black bear, and I assured him that we would see one before the week was over. Needless to say, he left for St. Martin without ever getting a picture of a bear.

The day after he left, I looked out the window , and there stood a bear. I grabbed my camera and took a few pictures to send to him. Before I sent them, I doctored one picture in Photo Shop Elements just a little bit.

He now has the third photo on his desk at his car rental company. Just goes to show that you can't believe anything you see anymore.
Bob

Attachments

• IMG_0900.JPG
    IMG_0900.JPG
    70.8 KB · Views: 262
  • IMG_0928.JPG
    IMG_0928.JPG
    51.1 KB · Views: 256
  • Patrick & Bear.jpg
    Patrick & Bear.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 261

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When your friend receives the "edited" picture, he'll become a neighborhood celebrity overnight. . . nice editing job!

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So that is your friend's new name? I know he will enjoy the pics.

;) RR

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions