Dang it....If You Find One.....Make Them!

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Dang it....If You Cant Find One.....Make Them!

precoins.jpg

Got about 300 coins so far this year metal detecting, but I am still waiting for my first ring of the year. I usually have at least one by now. I decided to make a coin ring for my wife and myself. I bought a 1955 & 1957 Canadian half dollar (silver) to make a nice coin ring for each of us. While I was at the coin show, there was a junk bin with old clad coins dating back to the 1800's, so I bought a bunch. I spent a couple evenings this past week drilling, hammering, annealing and polishing my creations. Not all turned out as planned. Some split, some had too much nickel in them and one hole was too far off centre.

cr1.jpg

Here are the coin rings all complete, including the rejects. Only the half dollar coins were silver. One was copper and the others were made up of compositions using copper and nickel. Too much nickel wears out some of my equipment, so I prefer not to use coins made with a high % of it.

Attachments

• cdac8e1f16568ecb_m.jpg
    cdac8e1f16568ecb_m.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:

outdoors

Jun 23, 2008
el cajon, california
Detector(s) used
GTI2500, GTAX550, MINELAB EXPLORER SE PRO,
PROPOINTER, GARRETT AT GOLD
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
John I think you showed how you make your rings before, but it was a long time since I read it, so could you please tell how you go about doing it again thanks... :happy1: and how do you get the right ring size ....

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread