Dansco Albums? Advice Please

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
My 11 year old daughter has been CRH halves with us since our first box. She absolutely loves to find silver.

We've searched cents in the past, which she has enjoyed. I think she loves finding Canadian as much as she loves finding wheats.

This past weekend, the cool guy at the coin shop gave me an old school, blue, used Whitman coin folder. My daughter is hooked!!!!

Right now, we are only working cents...since Friday, she's already found 18 keepers for her book. I haven't left the house one single time without her asking "Dad, would you buy a couple of rolls of pennies for me?"

If we wanted to upgrade to a new folder, is Dansco the way to go?

Which Lincoln cent album?

Are there various grades and styles with the Dansco line up?

I'd love to get a book for her at Christmas...a Roosie dime book would be nice too.

Thoughts? Advice? Suggestions?

Upvote 0

Merc Crazy

May 31, 2012
West Chester, PA
Primary Interest:
Other
I'd rock a Dansco, they're really nice, my preferred storage method for coins.

If you want me to send a few "loaded" rolls your way for her, let me know. :) You can tell her you found them at the bank, and I'll stuff them with old wheats, a few nicer later dates, and maybe an IHC or two. ;)

minkybodl

Aug 19, 2011
I have the Whitman Canada Small Cents book for 1920 to 1988 that I got because I get so many Canadians down here in Fl. I like it because without mintmarks all you need to find is one for each year. I have the last page full, need 7 in the middle page, and then I only have 6 of the first page's coins because the pre-1940's are a hard find for me. She might like having one for her canadian coins, Whitman or Dansco. I like having the books and filling in a hole in it or even just finding a nice shape coin and checking to upgrade what I already have.

CRHQueen

Jun 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the Dansco Kennedy Half Book and really like it. It is very sturdy.
I then have Whitman or Generic books for my Prez $, HD, State Quarters, Dimes, Nickels and Pennies.

I buy the State Quarter books like they are candy, just something I can fill often even with pocket change (not necessarily rolls).

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think the ones I bought were Dansco, with the sliding plastic covers, its the archival grade album so the paperboard and plastic is all of the type that wont tarnish the coins over time.

They are a little pricey, but if you are putting together some nice sets to keep, then its worth the 20-30$ investment in my opinion.

HH
Bigheed

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get the dansco, I havea 7070 type set album for dansco and I am really considering the half dollar one too(with proof slots), they can be a bit pricey but are definately worth it, afterall, you can spend some of your silver for the dansco and it should only cost you about 6 40% halves :)

usandthem

May 19, 2011
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a Kennedy half Dansco and two penny Danscos. I also have a Dansco for the state quarters and Silver Eagles. They're nice albums. I'm gettin' a Rosie Dansco next.

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've got the Dansco half album that holds proofs. Got that one cuz I find so many proof coins in my rolls - about 100 since I started. I have one for Lincolns and Buffalos too, but just regular dates. Very nice.

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
same as badbluff, get the proof album, they are quite common for halves.

OP
OP
C

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
I'd rock a Dansco, they're really nice, my preferred storage method for coins.

If you want me to send a few "loaded" rolls your way for her, let me know. :) You can tell her you found them at the bank, and I'll stuff them with old wheats, a few nicer later dates, and maybe an IHC or two. ;)

Thank you for the generous offer!!!! We are having fun with the cent rolls, but I might take you up on the offer sometime.

OP
OP
C

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
Thank you for your replies!!!!

I'm strongly leaning towards some Dansco albums. I cannot believe how much my little one enjoys filling the cheap books we have.

The problem is that I've never seen a Dansco, except for what is listed on ebay. My local shop had a used Dansco half book last year, which was already sold, so the owner wouldn't even show it to me. He said it was full, and already paid for.

So, let me get this right: Dansco makes some half dollar books that only hold normal halves meant for circulation, and they also produce books for those coins, PLUS the proofs....right?

Can you add pages to all Dansco albums, or just certain ones?

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Thank you for your replies!!!!

I'm strongly leaning towards some Dansco albums. I cannot believe how much my little one enjoys filling the cheap books we have.

The problem is that I've never seen a Dansco, except for what is listed on ebay. My local shop had a used Dansco half book last year, which was already sold, so the owner wouldn't even show it to me. He said it was full, and already paid for.

So, let me get this right: Dansco makes some half dollar books that only hold normal halves meant for circulation, and they also produce books for those coins, PLUS the proofs....right?

Can you add pages to all Dansco albums, or just certain ones?

Yes to all your questions. Dansco Coin Albums | Discount

FYI, since no one mentioned it, there is an even better album based on the Dansco design. They are called Intercept Shield albums. Dansco is more than adequate for your collecting needs, but there is the possibility of getting halo's on the silver coinage as they interact with the paper edges of the album pages. The sulfur will cause toning over an extended period of storage. Intercept Shield prevents this.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread