Dark Skies

robfinds

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2007
Yorkshire England
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Goldmax
Been out for about 5 hours today on a field that the farmer as finally decided to plough. The field surface was a bit rough and signals were fairly well spread, but managed to make a few finds. Had part of a Roman brooch, 3 Roman grots, a George 111 silver sixpence 1819, Queen Victoria farthing 1853, a 17th Century buckle, a medieval lead token, a lead loom weight late medieval, a 17th century button, and a mystery object at the top of the group picture. It looked like it was about to rain allday with with dark clouds, but luckily the strong wind that was blowing kept the clouds moving across the sky. Hoping to grab a few hours tomorrow before dinner, will keep you posted.

HH- Robert

Attachments

• 8.3.08 001.jpg
    8.3.08 001.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 915
  • 8.3.08 002.jpg
    8.3.08 002.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 906
  • 8.3.08 003.jpg
    8.3.08 003.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 905
  • 8.3.08 004.jpg
    8.3.08 004.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 894
  • 8.3.08 005.jpg
    8.3.08 005.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 874
Upvote 0

stryker-one

Aug 10, 2007
Independence, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Scorpion Gold Stinger and Tesoro Silver
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You guys over in England find real old stuff regularly. I've been thinking about going on one of those vacation hunts over there. Nice finds.

Congratulations on getting out.

Stryker

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
robfinds said:
Been out for about 5 hours today on a field that the farmer as finally decided to plough. The field surface was a bit rough and signals were fairly well spread, but managed to make a few finds. Had part of a Roman brooch, 3 Roman grots, a George 111 silver sixpence 1819, Queen Victoria farthing 1853, a 17th Century buckle, a medieval lead token, a lead loom weight late medieval, a 17th century button, and a mystery object at the top of the group picture. It looked like it was about to rain allday with with dark clouds, but luckily the strong wind that was blowing kept the clouds moving across the sky. Hoping to grab a few hours tomorrow before dinner, will keep you posted.

HH- Robert
Hi Rob...looks like that fields got the same type of soil conditions as the one I'm on :icon_scratch: do all your coins come out with a heavy iron type crustation on them :tard:

OP
OP
robfinds

robfinds

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2007
Yorkshire England
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Goldmax
tyre kicker said:
robfinds said:

HH- Robert
Hi Rob...looks like that fields got the same type of soil conditions as the one I'm on :icon_scratch: do all your coins come out with a heavy iron type crustation on them :tard:
Thinks I'ts the poor lighting on the pic. Tyre Kicker, the finds are fairly clean of iron.
HH - Robert

roswellborn

Jan 9, 2006
Washington state
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
I love seeing and reading about the finds there! Very cool.

I recognize the loom weight (I think - the thing on the bottom - looks kinda like an oversized grommet?), but that figure-8 thing - is that the buckle?

Anyway, glad you posted the pictures

HH
Nan

OP
OP
robfinds

robfinds

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2007
Yorkshire England
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Goldmax
roswellborn said:
I love seeing and reading about the finds there! Very cool.

I recognize the loom weight (I think - the thing on the bottom - looks kinda like an oversized grommet?), but that figure-8 thing - is that the buckle?

Anyway, glad you posted the pictures

HH
Nan
Hi Nan, Yes i'ts a buckle about 17th century.
HH Robert

Baggins

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2007
TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV / Garrett Ace 250/Minelab X-Terra 70
Great finds, wish we had that kind of history here!
HH
Baggins

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11
Cool finds! Thanks for sharing. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread