Data signal boost advise needed... ASAP!

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good morning folks.... Mods if there's a better place for this posting just move it please.

Here's my problem... I live high on a ridge top here in Hickman Co. TN. We have Verizon phones and 4G LTE MI-FI internet service. We have no problem with signals at all here at this home. But 250 yds. south (down ridge) at my other home I have a signal problem. I'm trying to sell this property and EVERYONE wants a high speed signal. I don't believe all is lost though. In the woodshop, about 70 ft. north of the house my phone works ok about 95% of the time. But the phone won't work inside the home at all (5% of time!). And my MI-FI won't pick up a signal at all (5% of time!) in workshop or home. Now I understand a data signal has to be stronger than a voice signal so I'll need something which does both.

I looked at "Wilson Signal Booster" (wilsonelectronics.com). Maybe this will work but it's about $600.00 and I hate to spend that much. But maybe I'll have to....? I'm hoping some of you will have some good options or have conquered this problem before. I do have a tall antenna mounted on top of the workshop which would probably put any devise about as high as my property just north. But then maybe any signal might get lost in traveling the distance down, over and into the house....?

Any advise or knowledge would be appreciated here. Treasure Hunter this is kind of in your arena isn't it (maybe?).

Thanks folks.... Brad

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man, good luck. Loosing service can be frustrating.
Couple years back, I needed continual wifi �� to a work phone and it would lose reception at any moment. IPhone too.
So, I went to AT&T and purchased a Mobile Hotspot Booster. It works well, but can be expensive.
Surely some tech company has a home remedy for you.
GL
Peace ✌

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions