Date Nail Hunting #2

Old Pueblo

Bronze Member
Mar 7, 2017
Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went out this morning and checked out a couple more old corrals down the road from here. In this part of Arizona, with all the ranching and farming around, it seems like everyone has an old corral in their back yard. Anyway, found six at the first corral, 10 more in the second, and left one behind because it was all bent over and mashed into the tie. It was probably another bent 1939, like the one you see in my photo. The other bent ones are a 1928 and a 1938. Thanks for looking.

IMG_0062.JPG IMG_0063.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 7

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats turning into quite a collection Old Peublo. You will have to get them their own display case pretty soon.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very cool finds, congratulations! :occasion14:

OP
OP
Old Pueblo

Old Pueblo

Bronze Member
Mar 7, 2017
Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have an old cigar box I turned upside down and put some holes in. Its not big enough, though. I need another one or a larger one to put all of my years into it.

P.ALLEN

Jun 8, 2017
A2 Michigan
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Tesoro Compadre, Ace 250, CMS magnetics, Garrett pinpointer, Fiskars trenching spade.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
get ya an old stump or thick piece of wood, something nice with good grain and color. Heck maybe even a piece of old barn board. Drill some holes in it, place the nails in it, and it's an instant coffee table/mantle piece.

OP
OP
Old Pueblo

Old Pueblo

Bronze Member
Mar 7, 2017
Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
get ya an old stump or thick piece of wood, something nice with good grain and color. Heck maybe even a piece of old barn board. Drill some holes in it, place the nails in it, and it's an instant coffee table/mantle piece.

I wanted to find a nice piece of treated wood like the railroad ties and make my own little railroad tie to put them in, but it wont work for some of my bent nails. I need something hollow in the center to be able to include the bent ones as well. The smaller and medium sized nails can be bent straight, but the larger ones wont bend, at least not with the tools I have.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread