daughter called from the bank

suprdave

Aug 3, 2010
LeFlore County Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just started buying a box of halves each week to try my luck from the bank where my daughter works and yesterday she called me and said that a lady just turned in a bunch of big dollars and some halves and wanted to know if i wanted them and yes i want them. there was 58 ikes and 90 halves in the bag. out of the halves there was 11 40% halves and 2 90% halves wow i ask her who brought them and she said a widow woman who was getting rid of some of her late husbands coins. boy was that luck second part of the story an hour after she dropped off the coins someone else came into the band and ask to buy all of there halves that they had and i had just dropped off the box that i went through last week and he bought all of them word must have got around that she turned in a bunch of coins lucky me this time the ikes arnt worth anything now but they are hard to find so i will hold on to them for a while suprdave

Upvote 0
OP
OP
suprdave

suprdave

Aug 3, 2010
LeFlore County Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey rich i ws looking a the list of finds you have and its a lot how long has it taken for you to accumilate so much silver and what is your secret

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
suprdave said:
just started buying a box of halves each week to try my luck from the bank where my daughter works and yesterday she called me and said that a lady just turned in a bunch of big dollars and some halves and wanted to know if i wanted them and yes i want them. there was 58 ikes and 90 halves in the bag. out of the halves there was 11 40% halves and 2 90% halves wow i ask her who brought them and she said a widow woman who was getting rid of some of her late husbands coins. boy was that luck second part of the story an hour after she dropped off the coins someone else came into the band and ask to buy all of there halves that they had and i had just dropped off the box that i went through last week and he bought all of them word must have got around that she turned in a bunch of coins lucky me this time the ikes arnt worth anything now but they are hard to find so i will hold on to them for a while suprdave

You dump off at the same bank that you pick up at? Or do you normally not pick up here, and did this time because it was a special situation and you knew some were there?

Just be careful if you dump where you buy, as that leads to banks many times stopping the ordering. Gotta be careful and samrt, so they don't stop our hobby.

And good score! :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions