Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was in the upper 50's yesterday after being in the teens at the first of the week. So I made a little time to enjoy it by getting in a short hunt. I went to an old house that I hunted on new year's day and focused on the grown over driveway. A gravel driveway is some of the toughest digging, and I find myself avoiding them because of it. But I know there can be some goodies there so you just got to get in and tough it out :laughing7:
I started by an old garage and found a wheatie, my next good signal sounded like another wheatie and I was surprised to see a very gray dime in the hole. I was even more surprised when I saw that it was a 1908 Barber dime. This dime has definitely seen it's better days but I was glad to get it. I went on to find another old wheatie and then I got an awesome signal and dug up the DAR Good Citizenship Award medal. I don't know how old it is but it's a neat find. I believe that these are still awarded today and it would have a red, white and blue ribbon that it hangs from.
HH David

1_zpscfdc04ed.jpg

3_zps3ac4ad52.jpg

4_zps0c05041a.jpg

6_zps546ee0db.jpg

2_zps28c75c50.jpg

Upvote 3
OP
OP
Sooper Dave

Sooper Dave

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys. I wished I knew the story behind the DAR medal. The net shows they are presented to children in grades 5-11 who are dedicated to honor, service, courage, leadership, and patriotism.

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds Dave. That medal is very neat. I've never seen one like that. Congrats on the Barber too. Sweet. :thumbsup:
-MM-

3 of 6 GMG's

Oct 23, 2013
Detector(s) used
AP PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds, really like the DAR award.
Thanks for sharing and HH.

Matt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread