dauphin island AL.

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Never hunted it, but been by it by boat. It seems to be a popular beach place. i have driven past (I-10) and the signs saying all about it on the highway. I would think it would be good. I would bring my detector. Which detector are you planning on bringing? Hunting water and sand? Or just dry?

petersra

Apr 26, 2006
a few miles from the ocean
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark + Cheap Radio Shack + Whites DF PI + Aquasound
I stayed there at the campground about 25 years ago. Great place. I wasn't hunting back then and I am sure they have been impacted by hurricanes since I was there but I would definately bring my detector. I am sure hunting that beach is no different from hunting any other. If you haven't beach hunted before, read up on some techniques and go for it. Have fun. Ralph

taz

May 4, 2005
Shreveport, Louisiana
We went about three weeks before Katrina hit, stayed on the most western point of the island. Nice and quiet beach to hunt back then but haven't been back since. Heard they did a lot of beach restoration after Katrina to try and get the beaches back to as normal as possible. You used to be able to walk to very western end of the Island but there looks to be a cut in there now that would prevent that. Nice and quiet place to visit! Hope you do well. Mb

OP
OP
scuba

scuba

Greenie
Feb 6, 2011
Elizabethtown KY.
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Yea I'm taking my Bounty Hunter Time Ranger does anyone know how they do at the beach? Its the only detector I have and I'm a newbie! :dontknow:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions